How can I make the height of my Cobra even, since I lowered it?

99cobra99

1993 Black Cobra Modded
Established Member
Since I have put H&R super street springs along with new Adjustable Koni struts and shocks, it seems to be a difference in height from the front and rear of my car. It looks the the front is a little higher than the front. How could I adjust the front or rear to make them all even. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Here is a picture of my car.

http://img132.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pa1200318oi.jpg

Thanks,

Randy. :rockon:

boosted93cobra

Established Member
Did you put the spring isolators in the front and rear? If so, you can take the front ones out and leave the rear ones in. That will drop the front down slightly. If you did not put isolators in, just purchase some rear urethane isolators from summit or jegs and put them in. That should level it out. Did you turn the "pig tail" end of the rear springs to the same position they were in when you removed the old springs? If not, you can give that a try too.

Dave

99cobra99

1993 Black Cobra Modded
Established Member
I will purchase some rear spring isolators from an auto store to raise the rear, it is easier for me to work on the rear suspension. I will check the pig tails in the rear too. I definitely have the front correct. It took me a whole day to change the front suspension by myself. The front was more tricky than the rear. Thanks for the help.

Randy. :rockon:

9T3SVT

Established Member
Coilovers on all four corners :-D

I have the fronts, they're cool and I can go up or down
at will. I have the front at 25.5 inches (from floor to fender)
and the rear sits at 26.5 on one side and almost 27 on the other.

I have the H&R super sports with the Prothane isolaters on the
rear still.

Let your springs settle a little before you tear it apart to remove or
add isolators though. 2 weeks at least.

99cobra99

1993 Black Cobra Modded
Established Member
Thanks for all of the help.

I ordered some rear Spring isolators and they should be here this Monday. Hopefully, this will raise the rear enough to make the gap between the tires and fenderwell even all arround. Thanks for all of the help and comments. :rockon:

Randy.

Users who are viewing this thread