How can i find my old car?!

BigEag205

Established Member
I've had a rather large interest recently in finding my first car. It was wrecked and sold at CoPart auction in Hurricane, WV on JAN 15, 2009 (supposed sale date). It was a 2000 Ford Mustang coupe, performance red with tan leather interior, power everything, non mach sound system, v6/auto car. I'd like to say the car had mileage around the 130k's at the time of incident. I DO have the VIN number to the car still on hand! My luck it's been parted out and crushed by now but I'd love to see that it's either A) been repaired and brought someone else as much joy as it did me, or B) still miraculously sitting somewhere waiting for me to pick it back up...preferably the latter of the two as this was not only my first car but the car that turned me into a what some call car enthusiast. The car was hit in the front drivers side by a hyundai running a red light IIRC. Car was just out of paint and under the Performance Red paint on the drivers fender you could see that fender was originally burgundy (a used part bought from it being put in a guard rail on the drivers side a good time before this incident). Some distinguishable parts of the car were the front calipers were painted to match, grille delete (what was left at least), 5% tint, redish orange "DC sports" decal centered on the rear glass, the passenger side fender was shaved where the antenna previously was, rear spoiler delete and the drivers fender was previously a burgundy/black 2 tone (used fender).

Thanks in advance for any help. PM me if you have access to any database that could possibly help me locate it or it's last registered owner (which could very well be me).

Picture isn't that clear and doesn't show the drivers side damage but sadly I wasn't home to see it go and this is the only picture my mom was able to take before they took it away.
1935207_194418448851_2793370_n.jpg

edit : found some more images.
1935207_194418468851_6174820_n.jpg

1935207_194418458851_8343311_n.jpg

Last edited:

BigEag205

Established Member
Update : ran a CarFax and it reports it was last registered in Gassaway, WV (roughly 1.5 hrs from me) with a rebuilt title 3/19/09 with 153,340 then was involved in yet another front end collision 10/19/09 but was reported "vehicle functional".

ImThatGuy

Huffing Ether
Established Member
Hope you find it. Its funny I have a friend who used to live in Gassaway, but now in Frametown down the road. Shouldnt be too hard in that small town.

BigEag205

Established Member
That it is. I'd love to find it, even if its just a shell now, and build it up. I have the car I wanted that one to be now but sadly it's not the same. Not being registered since 09 I feel its long gone but you never know. It could be sitting under someone's tree waiting for me to pick it back up (that'd be crazy).

I'm prob going to go to the DMV later this week and have them send a certified letter to the last registered owner requesting that they get in contact with me. If anything, just to get the story on it after it left my hands.

BigEag205

Established Member
Hope you find it. Its funny I have a friend who used to live in Gassaway, but now in Frametown down the road. Shouldnt be too hard in that small town.

If it is sitting in Gassaway still, my luck is it's flooded now. We've had some crazy rain here lately if you haven't seen.

Doesn't really matter as I'd gladly buy it as a shell as well, but would prefer it together. I have to go up to Charleston tomorrow so I'm going to drop in the DMV office and have them send a letter to PO for me and hope I get a response.

Users who are viewing this thread