How bout some new pics of a new stance

mhays26

Whats that sound?
Established Member
Just finally got the truck back squared away from having to get the turbo rebuilt. HEres some shots of the new stance (JDM race springs with 2 coils cut out, and Hotchkis leafs with Chevrolet 2" lowering shackles) Also some pics of the intake Polk built after having the welds smoothed and hot coated.

Matt

HPNX0015.JPG

HPNX0014.JPG

HPNX0013.JPG

HPNX0012.JPG

HPNX0011.JPG

HPNX0019.JPG

HPNX0018.JPG

HPNX0017.JPG

HPNX0016.JPG

typhoon43

Established Member
Stance looks good.

Not real fond of the engine compartment though. Depends on what your into though. I know that puppy hauls some serious b**s

Torched_03

Stock!
Established Member
Holy shiat.....its clean...i dont know that i have ever seen it clean........Hell it had L fest time's all over it from 2 years ago....J/P...Looks good Matt!!!!

Grombil.com

Established Member
I like the fact that this car has a turbo :). Whitch turbo do you run? Hp? Do you have soundclips\videos...

mhays26

Whats that sound?
Established Member
FleeMan said:
Truck looks good, but cant you make that engine compartment clean as well?

Guess I could if I wanted. Ive been down the road of shiny sparkly shit under the hood, too much trouble to keep clean. Thats awesome though, first 2 posts talking shit.

Grombil.com said:
I like the fact that this car has a turbo :). Whitch turbo do you run? Hp? Do you have soundclips\videos...

Garrett GT42-76 Should make in the 700s with relative ease. For some damn reason I can t get my computer to accept the files from the camera, so no video files until I figure that out

Last edited:

mhays26

Whats that sound?
Established Member
jdrake19 said:
And I see some dirt on your bumper. Need to clean that off stat.

Thats where some dillhole hit me with a shopping cart, or something of the like, Ill let you ride for free if you think you can clean that off.

203Cree

Established Member
Don't care what it looks like under the hood, I bet that mofo is fast enough it can outrun ugly, lol. That's all that matters. Love the stance bro. How do those race springs ride shortened like that?

ra1nmakr

Resident Fuel Slut
Established Member
i am with you Matt, i dont care how clean it looks as long as it can go fast. truck looks good and i am sure that you are having a good time with that turbo.

svt5.4

SALLY NUTS RACING
Established Member
I knew silver was the fastest. SILVER TURDbo HAHA!

Two silver turbo L's man we need to meet up!
And mine doesn't look good either, from what everyone tells me, but they quickly shut up when they here a turbo spool by them.

THUMBS UP!

KONA BLUES

HORSEPOWER JUNKIE
Established Member
Looks great Matt....I too want a ride in that thing....:coolman:

Don't forget to keep me posted when you get ready for a dyno session at POLK's, I will do all I can to make it.....:beer:

Dorf

typhoon43

Established Member
I wasn't talking sh*t. I totally respect the power, and will be going turbo as well. I just like my setups to look as good as they run, that's all. You know the saying; "Different strokes for different folks". No bashing intended.

mhays26

Whats that sound?
Established Member
203Cree said:
How do those race springs ride shortened like that?

A little rough, I think Im going to have to work on the shocks some more. They are not cut out to be on the same setting as they were with the Hotchkis on there.

Fade 2 Black said:
Looks good Matt. How's it been running other than the turbo rebuild?

Got 600 miles on the motor now. Even spent some time tooling around in the snow this weekend. Looking to get on the dyno after I get back from the honeymoon week after next.

svt5.4 said:
I knew silver was the fastest. SILVER TURDbo HAHA!

Two silver turbo L's man we need to meet up!
And mine doesn't look good either, from what everyone tells me, but they quickly shut up when they here a turbo spool by them.

THUMBS UP!

Ive been fighting this turbo thing for a year and a half now. Just when I had the stock block bugs worked out, it blew the headgaskets at 599/719. Now I gotta check the JDMs built block. Actually, I will be in Orlando and Ponte Vedra next week starting on about Sunday. If your anywhere close to there let me know and we will meet up for dinner or something one night. If the new wife will allow.

typhoon43 said:
I wasn't talking sh*t. I totally respect the power, and will be going turbo as well. I just like my setups to look as good as they run, that's all. You know the saying; "Different strokes for different folks". No bashing intended.

My bad man, everybody seems to be quick to talk shit around me cause they think Ive "ruined" it by taking the s/c off, and invested more money than most have in their cars into the motor and turbo and because I can park it in the garage and drive another car, its not a street car anymore. Just tired of people talking. Sorry if I jumped at you

Matt

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread