How big will my pit bull get??

FivePointOmg

BOSS 302 #1853
Established Member
He's 40lbs right now at 6 months old and about 20" tall to his shoulders...Here's a pic of him about 2 months ago...Name is Diesel. How big will he get?? I'm guessing 55ish lbs....maybe 60....Anyone have or had Pits and have an idea?

IMG_4572.JPG

FivePointOmg

BOSS 302 #1853
Established Member
My 3 boys Cashew, Diesel and Franklin say hello...And cool 55-60ish was what I was guessing...

IMG_4745.JPG

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Screenshot_20161013_195749.jpg

Blue Nose almost 2 years105~lbs on the right, Great Dane 8 months and around 90lbs on the left

FivePointOmg

BOSS 302 #1853
Established Member
Hmm good looking blue nose...Are you trying to say mine will get to 100lbs too lol? How big was yours at 6 months?

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Lol no I believe he was a mixture, part Dane and the dad was a blue Nose. I know, weird mix but he was practically given so no big complaints.

I don't recall 100% but if I remember right, he was full weight by a year and stayed there.

My parents have a female blue Nose and she's about 50-60lbs full grown. I believe that's the avg weight

oldmodman

Established Member
No matter how big they grow it's always the same ..........

Just Perfect! I've had two over the years and I miss them both. And neither female got over 30 pounds.

NastyNate420

Established Member
Looks like a small one... around 60lbs is my guess. I have a red nose thats about 90lbs and an American bull dog thats about 120lbs. Great dogs for sure!

DSGCOBRA24

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Rousey is full grown and is 63lbs, she's short though. Your pit looks like he's going to be a little taller.

319AD962-9CFA-4139-9AD2-C0E15BFE1553_zps1a2y67rg.jpg

Seahorse

Established Member
Beautiful pup, congrats! I've been involved with pits for a few years now, including helping with local rescue groups. My own female pit is a rescue and she's an absolute doll with any and all people. Gets along well with most other dogs too, except those that are very excitable and get in her face - so just be aware of your dog and it's surrounding/other dogs, at all times to prevent any issues. Unless a dog has papers to prove it, APBT or AmStaff, they're all mutts (and I certainly don't mean that in a disparaging way) and often have various mixes in there somewhere. "Red nose" and "blue nose" are just descriptive terms, same as color, and not an actual type. AmStaffs were split off from APBT's back in the 1930's and were bred more for conformation and temperament than previous was the case with APBT's. Pure breds of either breed will weigh in at 50-80lbs, generally speaking. Also generally speaking, you won't find blue coloring in ABPT's, or red coloring in AmStaffs.

My girl is almost 4years old now and is a short, muscular 55-60lbs.

DSC06174_zpsv7wgrd1d.jpg

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
Beautiful pup, congrats! I've been involved with pits for a few years now, including helping with local rescue groups. My own female pit is a rescue and she's an absolute doll with any and all people. Gets along well with most other dogs too, except those that are very excitable and get in her face - so just be aware of your dog and it's surrounding/other dogs, at all times to prevent any issues. Unless a dog has papers to prove it, APBT or AmStaff, they're all mutts (and I certainly don't mean that in a disparaging way) and often have various mixes in there somewhere. "Red nose" and "blue nose" are just descriptive terms, same as color, and not an actual type. AmStaffs were split off from APBT's back in the 1930's and were bred more for conformation and temperament than previous was the case with APBT's. Pure breds of either breed will weigh in at 50-80lbs, generally speaking. Also generally speaking, you won't find blue coloring in ABPT's, or red coloring in AmStaffs.

My girl is almost 4years old now and is a short, muscular 55-60lbs.

DSC06174_zpsv7wgrd1d.jpg
those are some crazy ears! She looks good though, could be Batman's crime fighting sidekick pup.

Adower

Established Member
He's 40lbs right now at 6 months old and about 20" tall to his shoulders...Here's a pic of him about 2 months ago...Name is Diesel. How big will he get?? I'm guessing 55ish lbs....maybe 60....Anyone have or had Pits and have an idea?

View attachment 75631

Doesn't look like he is a pit. Head looks really slender

coposrv

Established Member
af8f437ac769edba26aee9cc743ca04f.jpg

My BILs pit mix was growing fast as a pup then she seemed to stop growing just as fast. I think she's only just over 40lbs now at 7 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread