How big a shot needed to....

zinc03svt

Big Red
Established Member
pull a new Z51 C7 auto from a roll? In the 40-50 to 130 mph range. My pops is picking one up this week. It's 460/465 at 3444 pounds and trap 118-122 in quarter stock. I'm guessing x pipe with a 125-150 wet to make a statement? Want to keep it simple and cost effective as possible. Any thoughts? Thanks. ;)

SignalZero

Eat mor Chikin
Established Member
Just remember, you want to win because you WANT to... He wants to win because he HAS to... Been in the same place with my pops. GOOD LUCK!! Lol and yes, I've seen cars with a 150 shot and x pipe trap 128-130 depending on air.

clean92lx

Established Member
You would absolutely destroy him with 150 shot. I just came from that setup with x pipe cat back and CAI with 150 shot nitrous. My friends brother bought an auto c7 (little heavier because his is a vert) a few months ago and I put a car on him from a 40 roll on just motor no nitrous.

Edit: btw, nitrous is cheap but it's not as easy as everyone thinks it is, I had so many issues with my nitrous setup, by the time I got it all figured out, I was fed up and went with a Paxton. But if you keep it simple and don't add a bunch of nannies like a RPM window switch or TPS voltage WOT switch, you won't have any problems

Last edited:

Tuffnuts23

Established Member
I'm running a 125 shot now, but I don't do much roll racing. From a dig you'd get him if you could keep the tires from going up. Vets really start to eat at 100mph+....good luck and let us know how it went

zinc03svt

Big Red
Established Member
You would absolutely destroy him with 150 shot. I just came from that setup with x pipe cat back and CAI with 150 shot nitrous. My friends brother bought an auto c7 (little heavier because his is a vert) a few months ago and I put a car on him from a 40 roll on just motor no nitrous.

Edit: btw, nitrous is cheap but it's not as easy as everyone thinks it is, I had so many issues with my nitrous setup, by the time I got it all figured out, I was fed up and went with a Paxton. But if you keep it simple and don't add a bunch of nannies like a RPM window switch or TPS voltage WOT switch, you won't have any problems

I would agree with keeping it simple although I don't want to sacrifice safety either. What exact parts mix on a system gives best of both worlds?

zinc03svt

Big Red
Established Member
I'm running a 125 shot now, but I don't do much roll racing. From a dig you'd get him if you could keep the tires from going up. Vets really start to eat at 100mph+....good luck and let us know how it went

Reason for roll is to take the traction out of the equation. My dad is 78 and I don't expect him to stay in it much over 120 mph especially if I'm 3 to 4 cars out on him. :)

5.0jake

Established Member
You'd obliterate a stock C7 auto from a roll with a 125-150 shot.
I'd bet just a good tune and off-road x would be close...

zinc03svt

Big Red
Established Member
You'd obliterate a stock C7 auto from a roll with a 125-150 shot.
I'd bet just a good tune and off-road x would be close...

I watched a youtube roll race of boss intake, tune, and offroad mid pipe run a new C7. Looked like much over 80-90 mph the vette pulled away fairly briskly. I'm sure full exhaust-long tubes, cobra jet, and solid corn tune would be close. But once over 120-130 mph the aero takes effect.

Last edited:

clean92lx

Established Member
I would agree with keeping it simple although I don't want to sacrifice safety either. What exact parts mix on a system gives best of both worlds?

Don't get a tps wot switch. Just get a micro switch and mount it under the pedal for starters on keeping things simple. Second, a window switch is one of the most important safety items to have with nitrous (besides a tune obviously) but mine wouldn't work even after I sent it to NX to get it warrantied, they did some test on it and said they don't see anything wrong with it and said I had it wired wrong so they wouldn't get me a new one. Got it back and had their "expert wiring guy" walk me through how to wire it properly and it still didn't work lol so I said F the window switch. If you can get a window switch other then msd and get it to work, that would be great.

If I were gonna do nitrous again I'd get:

Plate kit
A working window switch
Bottle heater is an absolute must IMO
Micro switch for activation
Ngk 6510 plugs (one step colder)
Tune

Users who are viewing this thread