How bad did I screw up?

Just_A_GT

Established Member
So I had a really massive blonde moment while prepping the car for storage today....please don't flame me lol

One of the last things I had to do before putting the car cover on was to inflate the tires to ~42 psi to avoid flat spots. This was my first time ever using the factory provided compressor. So I pulled the compressor from the trunk and proceeded to hook it up to tire #1 and push the power button down....about 5-10 seconds goes by and I'm perplexed as to why it says I'm at like 80psi so I turn it off and start unscrewing the nozzle...then all this white shit comes oozing out of the nozzle and from the tires needle. Yes, my own stupidity and trying to move to fast (in my defense I was tired from washing/waxing the car and just wanted to be done) I stupidly hooked up the tire sealant nozzle to the tire rather than the standard air nozzle. Barely any went into the tire, most of it seemed to spurt right back out, but either way, how bad did I screw up? Should I plan to have to buy a new tire come spring time?

Jabooh1

Established Member
I wouldn't think that would hurt anything. It's possible that it could harden in one spot since you didn't drive it afterwards. May need to get that one balanced.

Last edited:

scotmach

Established Member
You really didn't need to inflate the tires in the first place. The days of modern tires developing flat spots are a thing of the past.

Gaudin Ford

Established Member
I wouldn't think that would hurt anything. It's possible that it could garden in one spot since you didn't drive it afterwards. May need to get that one balanced.

This^^^^

Modern tires can flat spot but they take a much longer time and are more resistant to it. Happens on our lot every so often.

jymboslice

Rookie
Established Member
Dude, you're going to need a new car you screwed up so badly.

You'll be fine haha. Don't worry

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
We'd be more than happy to back you up. Make a petition and we'll all sign it but I'm going to warn you now, people are going to want to see pics of your wife for this good deed. lol

jymboslice

Rookie
Established Member
You pretty much just got your car haha. You already want to get rid of it for a C6Z?

Just_A_GT

Established Member
You pretty much just got your car haha. You already want to get rid of it for a C6Z?

Lol I know I know. I put a whopping 2,400 miles on it this year too lol. I guess I'll just have to start modding it this winter so that it feels like a "new car" again come spring time!

Users who are viewing this thread