Votes: 44 53.0%
  • Other (explain)

Votes: 7 8.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

f8tlbite

fordplay equals fordgasms
Established Member
I love this time of year because I stay up all night smoking the bird:banana:! . You just can not beat a slice of moist smoked turkey!

Last edited:

OzzDOA

E-Green and Mean!
Established Member
Brine the bird overnight then into the oven. Second best thing to do behind frying the sucker.

f8tlbite

Established Member
Brine the bird overnight then into the oven. Second best thing to do behind frying the sucker.

I am brining mine for the first time this year, I heard it really helps keep the turkey moist. I think I might try frying one next year :beer:.

cj3113

King of Controversy
Established Member
My family eats pasta on Thankgiving, but sometimes we have a little turkey too. :shrug:

Coiled03

Established Member
I'm not cooking my turkey. My woman is.....she knows her role.

:uh oh:

oldmodman

Established Member
The last few turkeys have been deep fryed.

So this year I am going to try brining and the cooking in a convection oven.

And for the first time I decided to spring for a fresh, range turkey. All previous turkeys have been the free ones from Ralphs.

f8tlbite

Established Member
what is brining? and how do you do it?

Brining is almost like marinating. I used 2 gallons of spring water, 1 1/2 cups salt, 1 cup sugar, 1 bottle honey, 1/4 cup wostershire sauce, 1 table spoon pepper and 1/3 cup Tonys. Soak the turkey 1 hour per pound. When done, rinse the bird thoroughly and season. Lastly cook that beast! The brine helps lock in moisture during the cooking process.

uh0h50

Established Member
my uncle will be deep frying a big bird (best turkey i have ever eaten) .. my grandmother will be doing the normal oven stuff. yeah, we have a lot of people over every year. can't wait to get hella fat!!

04SVT_COBRA

CO No Mas
Established Member
Do whatever you want with the turkey because as soon as the ham hits the table I could care less about the turkey!

JJPMach1

Red 2003 Mach 1
Established Member
I love this time of year because I stay up all night smoking the bird!

Fixed it for ya!!!:D

I just bought a Fryer, so I'm gonna give it a try tomorrow. Should be good, but everyone is telling me about the fire hazard. But what am I stupid?

I'll be sure to keep the garden hose right next to me as I'm frying the Turkey on my Cedar deck right next to the vinyl siding on my house.:rockon:

Svets96

Established Member
Cookin it the old fashioned way in the oven. I would love to deep fry one, dont have a fryer. damn..

f8tlbite

Established Member
Fixed it for ya!!!:D

I just bought a Fryer, so I'm gonna give it a try tomorrow. Should be good, but everyone is telling me about the fire hazard. But what am I stupid?

I'll be sure to keep the garden hose right next to me as I'm frying the Turkey on my Cedar deck right next to the vinyl siding on my house.:rockon:

:thumbsup:, thanks much better

homer302

Banned

I am brining mine for the first time this year, I heard it really helps keep the turkey moist. I think I might try frying one next year :beer:.

Brining (sp) the bird rules. That is indeed the best behind frying and I would assume would also be healthier since it isn't fried.

Those frying for the first time you don't do this inside your garage. LOL.

Seriously though, make sure it is thawed first (makes less popping and overflow) and drop it SLOWLY into the oil. That is hard to beat though.

Users who are viewing this thread