How about a Formula TransAm?

351MachOne

Kicking Your Ass
Established Member
Someone with a "Formula TA" wants to race me?

What is the story with that motor? This wont be at a drag strip, and I m pretty sure launching will be out of the question... So what do you think?

MY cobra has a CAI...

SouthFL.02.SS

Established Member
Find out if its an LT1 or LS1. LS1's are '98 and up.
If it's a stock LS1 or lightly modded (exhaust, etc.), you should have no problem beating him (but it won't be an all out spanking).
If it's a moderately modded LS1 (like mine), you may encounter a problem.
It would need to be a heavily modded LT1 to beat you.

Last edited:

Rearpl8tsinsite

QQQQ
Established Member
Find out the year like SouthFl said.

My car is a good example of how much it takes to get into 03 territory. I would probably need a stall, header, exhaust along with my gear, nittos, tune, and Cai to keep up N/A. The LS-1's are much quicker stock and need just a few mods to get there.

Watch out for Nitrous. It is very easy to take a stock 6 speed with nittos and Nitrous into the 11's. You need a hell of a shot but my friends and I have done for years. 3 places the bottle can be hidden. Right rear quarter panel where spare goes, sneaky pete behind glove box, some get creative with a gym bag behind or in the passenger seat.

Unless he is a real idiot he wouldn't be trying to race you unless he was prepared.

351MachOne

Kicking Your Ass
Established Member
In addition, his friend's passat is faster than a 2002 GT and a Mach 1, so he claims... We'll find out tonight,...

351MachOne

Kicking Your Ass
Established Member
The guy in the Formula backed out...

His friend was the go between, it seems the NON-owner of the car was writing checks his 'friends car' couldnt cash. I hate this crap. PEOPLE IF YOU DONT HAVE THE CAR DONT BS PEOPLE ABOUT IT...

THis started off as a race with my bro's 02 GT and a turbo Auto Passat. Then the Passat owner felt he could take the 03 Mach one, then me... then he found out it was an 03 and his friend said no way...

What the hell... Sorry guys. Some people just suck.

SSlayer96

Wheeeeeee!!
Established Member
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :thumbsup: Some people just kill me!!:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread