HoustonPerformance???

Vick

luv my cobra
Established Member
Has anyone done business with them.....?? I am looking for a good shop for my 96cobra... I was thinking about hitting these guys up....anyways need some advice on good shops....

Thx vick :thumbsup:

97CasperCobra

Track is Crack
Vick said:
Has anyone done business with them.....?? I am looking for a good shop for my 96cobra... I was thinking about hitting these guys up....anyways need some advice on good shops....

Thx vick :thumbsup:

Vick....what kind of work are you looking at doing?? Houston Performance definately knows their stuff but can be a little unorganized at times. There's also a shop called Slater's that does a LOT of work on Mustangs over on 59 & 1960(Northeast of Houston).

RacerGT

Can't think of anything
Established Member
I have purchased almost $2000 worth of stuff from them. Decent customer service, and fast shipping. I was happy with them. As far as personal dealings with them, i've never been to the shop.

Vick

luv my cobra
Established Member
97CasperCobra said:
Vick....what kind of work are you looking at doing??

I really dont know what i what to do to her just yet...Thats why i want to talk to someone that knows there stuff (motor wish). I am looking to do something to the motor.... honestly I would like to go all out on car LOL....

97CasperCobra

Track is Crack
Vick said:
I really dont know what i what to do to her just yet...Thats why i want to talk to someone that knows there stuff (motor wish). I am looking to do something to the motor.... honestly I would like to go all out on car LOL....

I'd beef up the pistons and rods, get a Canton oil pan w/windage tray(9 qts of oil :coolman: ), port & polish the heads, intake and whatever else....all depends on how deep your pockets are.... :thumbsup:

I'll try to get you a number to Slater's.

94CobraPace

Established Member
Slaters Mustangs phone 281-446-9491. Talk to Alan.
Both do good work, but as stated, HP can be a little disorganized. HP does have good prices on parts.
Call or go by both shops & talk to them to see what they say & who you like. Check out the shops.

fastbird86

Established Member
There is a guy named John that I think use to work at that shop (Houston Performance). He built a badass 4-eyed fox body with a 347. He did a crap load of suspension work to it and used to autocross it, was pretty compedative I think to.

CobraCase

Established Member
I bought some suspension stuff from them, and talked to them about superchargers for a bit. The guy in the office was pretty helpful, not sure if he was the manager or what. I was happy buying from them (good prices) and have heard good things about there work. They had some really sweet cobras at the shop and seemed pretty busy, which is a good sign. Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread