houston: stay away from "the head shop" machine shop

GrayGhost03

Established Member
My intent of this thread is to make people aware of the sorry machine shop known as the head shop that don’t stand behind their work or their word. I believe Jerry is the owner and Sean works for him. Sean is a member here (sjallen)

After pulling the motor in the cobra for a blown head gasket I took them the motor to have a bolt removed from the crank that I broke removing the harmonic balancer, heads resurfaced and while there had them put the heads back on the motor. After 3 weeks it was ready so I picked it up and paid them $750.

A month later I had the motor in the car and fired it up. When I checked under the hood oil and coolant was leaking everywhere from around the heads. wtf!!! I towed the car to the head shop where jerry and sean both looked at it. Jerry thought that it needed to be run till hot to get the gaskets to seal. Sean on the other hand was very apologethic since he did the work and said that by the way it was leaking the gaskets may have been put on wrong. The shop didn’t have room for my car so I couldn’t leave it. I told them I would take it to psi and have them look at it, they were cool with it and sean assured me they would take care of me.

I had Patrick at psi look at it and he said something was wrong with the gaskets and motor had to come out. knowing the head shop has no room for cars, sean assuring me they would make it right and I not wanting to pull it again on jack stands in the garage I told him to do the work. Three days later it was ready, gaskets had been put on the wrong side and upside down. Thanks to Patrick and the guys at psi for doing a jam up job and having it running strong again!

On the other hand I called jerry and told him what psi found. He said there was no way that could happen and would call me back after talking to Patrick. He didn’t call that day or the next so I went to their shop Thursday and talked to him about paying the 1600 bill. he nor sean liked that idea. Guess what, I sure as hell didn’t want to pay it either. We went back and forth and they finally agreed to pay $800. I wasn’t happy with this but Ill take something rather than nothing. I was told to come back Friday for half if not all the money. Friday I see sean and he says jerry is out buying a new vehicle. I asked sean you guys aren’t going to screw me ? He says “no man, if I have to pay you the full amount I will, im not like that. Just don’t post bad things about us on the sites”. I went back Monday and Tuesday but no jerry and no money. Wednesday I call and finally talk to jerry and he says come Friday and we’ll have you some money. Friday they gave me $200 bucks. two weeks later they gave me $200 more but i bugged the hell out of them. Its been 3 weeks, several phone calls and 2 visits and no more money. at this point i give up.

i kept my cool and gave you guys a chance to make it right but in the end you f*cked that up too. your shop and your word isnt worth the paper i wipe my ass with. Karma is a bitch though

the moral of the story is if you need some engine or head work done and want it done right stay away from The Head Shop and go to another shop that will stand behind their work.

GrayGhost03

Established Member
That sucks man. It sounds like Sean wanted to take care of you but Jerry didnt care. Shady shops suck.

had he wanted to he would have paid up or called back and talked to me about setting something up if he didnt have the money. they both agreed to give me 400 each. 2 months had gone by and i think they just said screw him.

this is why you stay with those with good proven track records.

i was referred to them.

edswhite99

Established Member
Damn bro, sorry to hear that they screwed up your car and your wallet like that. If they did you like that they'll probably do others the same way. Thanks for posting the details. I'd like to hear what they have to say about it.

operator1391

Established Member
sorry to hear about situation, ill keep your story in mind for anybody that want to go there thanks

Users who are viewing this thread