Houston Performance

Cobra34

*5.SLOW*
Established Member
Its been a while since i have been on and well i recently went home on leave and beat the good old cobra up. Now i am unhappy with the 340 rwhp i am making and my supercharger pulley extender is warped (yay). Anywho i want to go ahead and do a complete engine overhaul I.E. new pumps, pulleys, cam, crank, heads, headers, valve train, Rods, pistons (maybe supercharger like a kenney bell:banana:) but im looking for shops in houston and the only familiar one i am seeing is Houston Performance. Anyone know a better shop or is this shop good enough? i know the fees are gonna be phenomenal (spelling) but i can do the upper engine myself just nothing below the heads. Any ideas of what i should be looking at? I just want to make 500 to the pavement at least. Any information would be great i just figured i would ask here before i get screwed lol.

Thanks in advance

Buck

Last edited:

Corona-Extra

Miles Away From Ordinary
Established Member
If its between Strictly, PSI Motorsports, or Houston Performance as far as building you a motor.. knowing what i know and seeing what i've seen.. i'd say Houston Performance. unless you want to take a trip out to Dallas to HPP or have ProLine build you a motor..

Cobra34

*5.SLOW*
Established Member
Are they pretty timely there or do they waste time. i am not rich by any means and just want to make sure its done in good time and done right the first time. thanks for the reply

Buck

Corona-Extra

Miles Away From Ordinary
Established Member
Are they pretty timely there or do they waste time. i am not rich by any means and just want to make sure its done in good time and done right the first time. thanks for the reply

Buck

As far as i know Houston Performance is timely and do quality work.. They installed a single disk clutch for me about 2 years ago and I was extremely pleased. There is a guy on rowboatproductions (local Houston forum) who had them build a 03/04 cobra motor for him and he seemed extremely pleased.

Built Motor!!!! - Rowboat Productions Forums

on a side note. Lethal Performance is suppose to have some damn good short blocks from Boss 330 Racing..if your interested in going in that direction

Last edited:

GrayGhost03

Established Member
heard of nothing but good things about psi and its where im going to get retuned next. from personal experience stay away from strictly!

tj04cobra

Established Member
ah revive the strictly thread ^^....jk.

everyone is entitled to their opinions, especially those with personnal experience from any of these places

highdensity007

Best wifey EVAR!
Established Member
HP S292 billet ground cams reside in my Roush. I haven't had my car at the shop but the parts they stamp their name on have been good to me for the past 25,000 miles.

LTHL VNM

Don't call it a comeback
Established Member
Pretty childish don’t you think..?

how so? arguably one of the best shops in the country with the 03/04 SVT Cobra, and it's getting bashed by a couple people on this board.. i am just putting in my opinion from personal experience. the work done on my Cobra by Richard and the crew at Strictly has always been top notch, my car flat out hauls ass, and i'm more than happy....

Corona-Extra

Miles Away From Ordinary
Established Member
na its not childish, come on strictly is the best of the best of the best there ever was according to svtp testimonial.

lmfao yea, thats what i gathered from all the testimonials i've read and close friends and strangers i’ve talked to

how so? arguably one of the best shops in the country with the 03/04 SVT Cobra, and it's getting bashed by a couple people on this board.. i am just putting in my opinion from personal experience. the work done on my Cobra by Richard and the crew at Strictly has always been top notch, my car flat out hauls ass, and i'm more than happy....

i'm sure theres tons of people who will argue the other side of that ‘best shops in the country’ statement and being bashed by a ‘couple people’ is a vast understatement.. but thats neither here no there and im not getting in a pissin match over that crap.

However, your right, they may have done you good. Apparently your car rolls out, congrats. your happy, thats great. but in my opinion its one thing to give positive and constructive criticism but its another to do your little *j/o motion*.. Shows character pretty clearly.

Blaine@PSI

Established Member
lmfao yea, thats what i gathered from all the testimonials i've read and close friends and strangers i’ve talked to

i'm sure theres tons of people who will argue the other side of that ‘best shops in the country’ statement and being bashed by a ‘couple people’ is a vast understatement.. but thats neither here no there and im not getting in a pissin match over that crap.

However, your right, they may have done you good. Apparently your car rolls out, congrats. your happy, thats great. but in my opinion its one thing to give positive and constructive criticism but its another to do your little *j/o motion*.. Shows character pretty clearly.

and what character of yours does it say to "LOL" when someone says PSI now. and since why have you jumped ship to HPP. not over micah is it.... i would surely hope not since you got everything you asked for.

Corona-Extra

Miles Away From Ordinary
Established Member
and what character of yours does it say to "LOL" when someone says PSI now. and since why have you jumped ship to HPP. not over micah is it.... i would surely hope not since you got everything you asked for.

Touché Blaine, touché.. and if you really, really want to go there, we can and here we go..

I’ve always liked HPP. There’re arguably one of the best shops in the nation, especially with their twin-turbo set ups. Which must explain why the premier 03/04 Cobra out of PSI Motorsports showed interest in their kits… right…? (talk about loyalty) Anyways, if I would have had the means to trailer my car to and from HPP every time I needed a tune or a simple clutch/fuel system install, I would have done so.

With that said. I’ve never jump from ship to ship being that I don’t belong to anyone and I have no ‘home shop’. Which ever shop is the best for what I need done is who does it. Period. I needed a single-disk clutch a few years back, Houston Performance got the job. I needed a tune, Pat got the job. Then came time for a fuel system, clutch and new tune,(which took every bit of 4 weeks) PSI got the job.

But heres where it gets REAL good.. while my car was there (getting fuel system and clutch installed and being tuned mind you) I showed up to check progress one day, right about the end of October, and low and behold, my alternator was gone and out of my car due to “testing” . . . because I guess dual GT pumps and FPDM use a lot of amperage and someone made the call to have it checked, without my knowledge. (just wait, it gets better) A certain Torch Red Cobra, PSI’s premier 03/04 Cobra, was having alternator issues and this major event called the Texas Mile was the fallowing weekend. My alternator sure wasn’t in the RedFire ESY10S cobra because we all knew it wasn’t going to make it to the mile (tuning issues I suppose) and there was only one other Cobra in the shop… We all know 03/04 Cobra alternators are vehicle specific…. So I wonder where the hell it went Blaine. You wouldn’t happen to know, would you?

But… to add insult to injury, you know that premier 03/04 TorchRed Cobra out of PSI… it didn’t even make it do the mile… now did it? But if I remember correctly, PSI was represented at the Mile by a GT500. wasn’t it?

With all that being said, im not exactly sure I got everything I asked for Blaine…

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread