Houston people...Texas Direct Auto?

carcrazyguy

Established Member
Anyone bought from Texas Direct Auto in the Houston area? I have been watching the Mustangs that they advertise. They seem to have a very large selection. Anyone been to the lot to see the cars? Are they a bank repo lot or something?

KingBlack

I'm more stupid than I post
Established Member
i flew out from sc to houston/stafford to buy my rare ZX2 S/R from them (look it up, they are rare) i wouldnt hesitate to fly and buy from them again

KingBlack

I'm more stupid than I post
Established Member
rt.JPG

Ghostrider02gt

Established Member
Personally I have not, a good friend of mine that used to be a customer bought a Denali from them about a year back. He said they were awesome except he mentioned something about needing an appointment to look at and test drive cars. He had nothing but good to say. I was going to buy a cobra from them until financially, its not a wise choice anymore.

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
He said they were awesome except he mentioned something about needing an appointment to look at and test drive cars.

We missed a GTO because of this; it was posted on Autotrader and Ebay Saturday, we called and said we had a preapproved loan, so basically cash in hand, but wanted to see the car before committing to buy it now. We talked to 3 different salespeople and none of them would let us come look at the car because Saturday was pickup only, even though there was a 99% chance we were going to buy it - they wanted us to commit and put the deposit down before driving 20 min to see it. :rollseyes

Other than that, we haven't heard anything too bad. One of Will's coworkers had trouble getting his title, but that got resolved and it wasn't their fault, although they didn't handle it well.

Avoid Texas Toys like the plague.

Hmbre97

Eaton powered
Established Member
My mom bought her 06 GT from them back in Nov. Transaction was smooth and car was in great shape.

I did walk their lot while waiting our turn to finalize the paperwork. This was on a saturday and it was a mad house. I could see why they don't do appointments on saturday. They have a ton of cars and the way their lot is designed, they're packed about 6 deep everywhere so it would take a small act of congress to get a car out. All staff was working on pickups also. Our salesman told us they sell on average 35-40 cars per day and most of those are picked up on Sat.

4MuscleMachines

Established Member
I have purchased two cars from them sight unseen. They were priced the lowest with fewest miles. No regrets. The first car was an off lease auto, the second was a one owner car that was purchased from another dealer who received it as a trade in from the original owner. The car sat on the dealers lot until Texas Auto purchased it from them and sold it to me for 5k less than what the other dealer was willing to sell at.

Last edited:

moddestmike

2 Degrees/Still Confused
Established Member
Actually my dad bout an H2 from them. Had to make an appointment but the gentlemen by the name of Chris was awesome. They are usually clear-cut, no haggle on prices though. Got a shitload of ZO6's and AMG's to choose from.

AllAccessLock

Ur Licensed SVT Locksmith
Established Member
anymore comments?

That kills me that you can't go shop the lot, I was in the market for a 4 door truck but not really brand specific, just looking for a good deal that I wouldn't mind using as a work truck.

90slow50

90slow5.0
Established Member
OP, if you buy a car from them let me know because I have been looking at their trucks on ebay/AutoTrader.com as well.

Users who are viewing this thread