Houston Jobs

93KingCobra

Established Member
Just wanted to see how the market is....

Anyone hiring?

My main profession is in (home)construction management but have stepped out of it for a year now and would like to get back in.

Or if there is anything else out there please let me know....I have no collage degree..but I am willing to learn hands on!!

Thanks
Phillip

01SaleenS281

01-459
Established Member
The housing industry in Houston is surprisingly doing extremely well considering today's market and there are many home builders in the greater Houston area that hire folks from college ALL the time because they simply need people and pay pretty well. A bunch of my friends from Sam Houston State in Huntsville, TX ended up in this job due to the convenience and easy hire opportunities. With your experience you should have no problem acquiring a job in the Houston market. Post your resume on monster.com or a comparable job seeking website and your inbox should fill up quickly. Good luck and welcome to Houston!!! :beer:

canecobra

GoFAST
Established Member
Actually the residential market in Houston is down 30-40%. No one I know is hiring for the building profession. At least not production builders. Most companies are focusing on commercial projects now. Anyone depending on home building right now to feed their families is not doing very well. Stick with remodeling or commercial if you want to be involved in construction. I've been in the business 16 years and Houston as a whole is doing very good compared to other regions in the US. Good luck! What is your specialties in building?

93KingCobra

Established Member
I have done production building for almost 9 years now but I got into a turnkey concrete just for a change and to help with furthering my education in the biz...
I just would like to get out of it and start over with the home building.

No kidding on the market right now it just sucks...except for the south part of town (Pearland ,League City, Etc....) we have just been busy....

Thanks guys for helping if ya'll hear of anything let me know...

Thanks!

Phillip

Users who are viewing this thread