houston half mile shootout and turbo lightning content

Blaine@PSI

Established Member
took my turbo truck out for the first time in over a year. a little back story on it, basically i was not interested in the truck anymore had a ton of family issues and wanted to do more with my them. so i back burnered the truck for over a year. last year in march i had went to a private track rental ran my best time 9.5 at 145. that run melted my boost sensing line to the boost controller. so the ams didnt see any boost and kept adding co2 on top of the waste gate. i didnt realize this until it was to late. tulipped more valves in the trick flow heads but didnt blow a head gasket. truck saw 42lbs of boost and felt really good. but i could get out of it soon enough the damage was done.

so this past feb. i decided it was time to atleast get the truck running again. pulled it apart and fixed a few things refreshed the short block and heads and assembled the truck.

fast forward to yesterday some people know im a junky for doing things people either said cant be done or that i shouldnt be doing them. so entered the truck into a half mile shootout event at the local air force base. 157mph in the 1/2 mile is the most i could manage. reason being it was bouncing off the limiter and not going into 4th gear. i had turned it off in the tune and forgotten about it. so the last 500-600 ft of track was useless to me. but i had a great time my family was out there with me and i didnt break anything. thats always good. and just so some people cant say its a purpose built race truck only i added a little teaser vid at the bottom.

here are the passes from the day

[video=youtube;XoabfDVNtNg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XoabfDVNtNg[/video]

Blaine@PSI

Established Member
and who says it a purpose built race truck....street action

[video=youtube;Zsy7f9kMuhQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zsy7f9kMuhQ[/video]

Blaine@PSI

Established Member

TexasStang4585

Snake eater
Established Member
I want to say he's tuning for hennesey still and tuning at his shop if you request for him, other than that Benny is handling the tuning. All I know he's not tuning coyote's very well but I'm sure he's still got lightnings and cobras down.

He dyno tuned my 2013 Paxton GT last year and after a couple track outtings the best I could get was a 11.0 at 125mph. That was after a few revision's and another time on the dyno. I swapped tuners to Shaun at AED and first time out on the exact same set-up I ran a 10.3 at 136. Then ran my PB after one revision on the next outting 10.04 at 136, changed my set-up but I'm sure I had a 9sec pass in her with that last revision.

Users who are viewing this thread