Houston, anybody order one from a Houston Dealer?

SixFootSix

Established Member
Houston.
Where did you order from?
Who was your contact?
What did you get?
What did you pay?
If you can't answer all of them, just fill me in on what you can, or PM me.
Thanks
Brad

Got-Cobra?

Established Member
Good luck on that! The few I've stopped into just to ask, all wanted a hefty mark up. I laughed and walked out...

I would just email them all and get a price. Every time I walk into a Houston Ford dealer I feel like there was no point and I wasted my time...

With that in mind, I would just email around even out of state. I have no trouble paying for a plane ticket to save $10k. That's what I did with my '03 Cobra when they were first released...

h34d

Back In The Saddle
Established Member
Champion Ford in Katy has a black/red coupe SVTpp, Recaros and Shaker Pro (I think that's all it was). I went and looked at it Saturday. I made it clear that I was from well out of town with one already on order and just wanted to check one out in person. Even having told them that they were very friendly and let me poke around on it. Popped the hood and trunk and tried out the seats and shifter/clutch. They didn't mention ADM and it wasn't posted on the window that I can remember so I would assume it's at MSRP.

SixFootSix

Established Member
Champion Ford in Katy has a black/red coupe

Thanks for the reply.
I have seen it on cars.com.
I think it is kinda ugly. I want blue w/wo stripes and the glass roof.
From the dealers with them in stock across the US, almost none have glass roofs, so that's why I am thinking I will have to order one.

h34d

Back In The Saddle
Established Member
Thanks for the reply.
I have seen it on cars.com.
I think it is kinda ugly. I want blue w/wo stripes and the glass roof.
From the dealers with them in stock across the US, almost none have glass roofs, so that's why I am thinking I will have to order one.

I can relate. I'm all about the glass roof as well and while I like black cars I just don't want the headache of detailing one as this is gonna be my daily driver.

Ramairgt1

Whipped
Established Member
Champion Ford in Katy has a black/red coupe SVTpp, Recaros and Shaker Pro (I think that's all it was). I went and looked at it Saturday. I made it clear that I was from well out of town with one already on order and just wanted to check one out in person. Even having told them that they were very friendly and let me poke around on it. Popped the hood and trunk and tried out the seats and shifter/clutch. They didn't mention ADM and it wasn't posted on the window that I can remember so I would assume it's at MSRP.

This one?
Ford : Shelby GT500 Shelby GT500 Ford : Shelby GT500 Shelby GT500 | eBay

H-TownMachI

It's the Hamburglar
Established Member
Good luck. 20-25K ADMs everywhere in Houston that I checked.

Same here...Southern Ford in Manvel/Pearland thought they were doing me a favor by only asking 10K over. I'm just going to wait 'til they come to their senses. If ever.

Willie2

Established Member
Premium Member
I saw that car sitting at the rail yard on Hardy for almost a week. Also had a few gotta have it green Boss's come and go and a school bus yellow LS

Superfly99

Stang Freak
Established Member
Houston dealers suck. When I bought my '09 in Nov of '08 I had to buy it in Ohio and have it shipped in. 3rd year they were out and they still wanted ADM. Check the TS classified section and '13 GT500 section, some sales guys posting MSRP deals out of state if I remember correctly. That's where I found my '09 when I bought it. GL

03 KB Sonic Blue

Established Member
If your willing to travel you should try in Louisiana.

My buddy got his ordered for 1k under msrp. When I talked to dealership I bought my 09 from for him they said 500-1000 under. Might be worth 5-6 hour drive here if you can make a deal over the phone.

qachargh

Established Member
When I went in to Tommie Vaughn a few weeks back to sit in some recaros the salesman I talked to said the owner is hoping to get around 100K for his 2 allocations. I bought my truck from Planet Ford so I know better than to go back there. In one of the threads somebody said there was a dealer just on the other side of the border in Louisiana who was taking orders 1K under sticker but I forgot who it was. I have heard that people are ordering by phone from Ryan Ford in Sealy and getting 1K under sticker as a standard offer. I just haven't been able to find anybody who placed an order with them to confirm it.

Users who are viewing this thread