Hour long presentation for a free cruise??

badass98vert

Established Member
so we got this phone call today that we one a free cruise to the bahamas if we go and watch this hour long presentation. i know ive heard something a long time ago about this but i have no idea if its something i should be excited for or just another scam. the company is called sundance vacations.

Common

Established Member
Dont waste your time, it is a sham. You will spend an hour listening to them SELL you a cruise and many other things. It isnt free.

carrrnuttt

My shit don't stink
Established Member
Dont waste your time, it is a sham. You will spend an hour listening to them SELL you a cruise and many other things. It isnt free.

Actually, me and my wife went out to one of these things for a resort time-share thing. We got a free 2-night stay at the resort, along with vouchers for the resort's restaurant. We never bought anything (although we seriously considered it). Well worth it for just spending a couple of hours listening to a pitch while being served free food and drinks.

Hmbre97

Eaton powered
Established Member
It's not always a scam. My parents went to a 2 hour timeshare presentation a couple years and got 2 - 3 day passes to Disney World. Had some friends do another one for a another timeshare company and got a 4 day cruise out of it.

Chris _Scott

NA FTW
Established Member
just make sure you're good with sales people and say 'NO'
I've heard horror stories of people being sucked into buying time shares they can't afford, when they went in telling themselves 'I'm not going to buy anything'

I used to be a direct salesman..I know how these people work, and if they're any good at their job [which they are]..its not too hard to be convinced to buy something

stangin99

Established Member
The timeshare presentations usually aren't a scam. I'm sure some are, but most actually pay out. They are strictly playing a numbers game. They know they are good enough at pitching their product, that they WILL get some people to give in and sign up.

Just practice your "no thank you"s and you'll be on a boat in no time.

CleanCobra

The Anti-Bling
Established Member
It works - as long as you're not gullible enough to buy anything they try to sell.

moddestmike

2 Degrees/Still Confused
Established Member
I'd rather have a black bear eat my guts while I'm on morphine than listen to them sell their shit. I hate sales people, especially the really aggressive one. Cruise isn't free chachie.

Evil4Eye

Schizophrenic SVT Poster
Established Member
When I went to one with my wife we got a choice of a free boat or the "mystery box". My neighbors took the boat, but the mystery box is a mystery box. Man, my wife was pissed when it turned out to be tickets to a comedy show. :D

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
I know many people who have done it.

same here. my sister and her family recently went to a really nice new resort in vegas as a result of one of these deals. i think they bought into it though. they easily buy into everything :bash:

i went to one of these before. almost bought in at the end because they made it sound sooo good and for such a good deal. i talked myself out of it, thankfully, and dont remember what our free gift was but i do remember it was something really good. not free cruise really good but valuable. and i remember when we stayed after to look over their contracts there was a couple on the other side of the room signing up. the sales people even popped open a bottle of champagne :read: our sales guy was very good. but as we started saying no, he went and fetched his boss, who was the expert sales person. boy do they put the pressure on. but you stick to your guns and say no, and you still get the free goods :-D

and yes, it is a numbers game. for what they're paying for those free gifts, is more than covered by what they end up making off of your sale (not to mention their commission).

Users who are viewing this thread