Hotels in Times Square

ParamedicMXr

Established Member
Just wanted to know if anybody has stayed at either the Doubletree or Marriott Marquis in Times Square before? Or is there another nice hotel right around times square that you would recommend?

The gf and i are going to New York for a week in February to visit family and we will be spending a weekend in the city. Ive heard good things about both of those hotels, but just wanted ot know if anybody has been to either or both before. Im kinda leaning toward the Doubletree based on reviews on Tripadvisor, but the Marquis looks pretty bad ass with the revolving restaurant and views and what not.

Any input would be greatly appreciated!

taintedme

Established Member
stayed at the Marriott in july. it was certainly badass, and centrally located to everything. although, i'm more of an explorer, and i was barely there, so i couldn't validate the expense to do it again. my advice:
- get some comfortable walking shoes and explore everywhere. take the subway far away, and explore by foot on your way back.
- get a cheaper hotel, and splurge on everything else (the speedboat tour to statue of liberty was friggin' amazing"
- jekyll and hyde bars (i think there's 2 of them in the city) are worth it.
- eat from street vendors. it's the best grub.
- do The Rock over Empire State Building tour. better views.

04ScSaleen325

Established Member
marriot is great, theres a hilton on 42 st, the w, the westin. theres a lot of them i work in manhattan( time square actually) you need any info pm me

eclipsemustang

Established Member
I was just in NYC about a week and a half ago. I stayed with a friend who's apartment was in Astoria and it was only a short subway ride into Manhattan. I would suggest saving money and getting a cheaper hotel just outside Manhattan and spending that money elsewhere on the trip. I actually really enjoyed just learning the subway and stuff. But if money is not really an issue, I do remember the W was right in time square and looked pretty cool. Have fun on your trip though, NYC was a lot of fun.

N2DAMYSTIC

WAS THERE A BILL OF SALE
Established Member
Stayed at the Marriot Marquis plenty of times. You will not be disappointed but plan on shelling out the dough.

5spd07gt

BaggedCobra
Established Member
I just got back from NYC on Thurs. We stayed at Radio City Suites in Times Square and we loved it. Its affordable and although not modern its very charming. My wife loved the architecture and according to her the place was very "cute". We'll stay there again next time we go.

Last edited:

SNCBOOM

Established Member
I've stayed at the Marriott Marquis a couple of times, other than being in the heart of times square it wasn't all that nice.

Niks97cobra

Ready to Go!
Established Member
Stayed at Milford Plaza when we went. It sucked but couldn't be beat for $100 for a night in Times Square. However, if I go back, I'll never stay in Times Square again.

jcthorne

Established Member
We have gone to NYC and stayed in times square several times. We like the Renassance Times Square much better than the Marquis. Better views as its IN times square, smaller hotel with much better service and the quality Marriott and Renassance are known for. Also MUCH less walking between the square and your room. When you see photos of Times square with the anamatron displays up the thin building at the east end, that is the Renassance Hotel.

Users who are viewing this thread