Hotchkis at the track?

scott818

Banned
I was thinking of buying the TVS kit with 1 inch shackles. How well does this work down the 1320? I know it is primarily for handling but is anyone using it for the track. I need some suspension now because I keep breaking my slicks loose. I figured a drop and some good shocks would help.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
scott818 said:
I was thinking of buying the TVS kit with 1 inch shackles. How well does this work down the 1320? I know it is primarily for handling but is anyone using it for the track. I need some suspension now because I keep breaking my slicks loose. I figured a drop and some good shocks would help.

Do you have traction bars? That's definitely the first thing to get to improve traction. I don't think a drop will help any, but it doesn't hurt either. I run the Hotchkis setup (BTW-stick with stock shackles if you get it) and my 60ft's are fine.

scott818

Banned
Yeah, I have metco trac bars now. I aired my slicks all the way to 12 psi and still spun on launch. 1.9 60ft is the best I can do, I know my truck has at least a 1.8 in it. I think a drop will help too though. By evening out the front and back end it makes wieght transfer much more easily obtained. Our trucks as well as many others come 2 inches or so lowered in the front. If the front and back were even, one would take more advantage of the launch.

Last edited:

Nvr_Spds

Pushrod > 4v
Established Member
If you have Metcos, and slicks you should see easy 1.7s atleast. Are your slicks screwed to the wheels?

Last edited:

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
scott818 said:
Yeah, I have metco trac bars now. I aired my slicks all the way to 12 psi and still spun on launch. 1.9 60ft is the best I can do, I know my truck has at least a 1.8 in it. I think a drop will help too though. By evening out the front and back end it makes wieght transfer much more easily obtained. Our trucks as well as many others come 2 inches or so lowered in the front. If the front and back were even, one would take more advantage of the launch.

I cut better 60ft's than that with the stock suspension (you think your truck sits higher in the back, look at the 03/04!) and Lakewoods. Something else must be wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread