Hot Tank

DezRaceSVT

Established Member
Im rebuilding a 2001 Lightning engine and I was wanting to hot tank the block and have it checked out for crackes. I live in San Diego does anyone know of anywhere to get this done at in the county.:shrug:

WhiteBolt

Engine Master
Established Member
Im rebuilding a 2001 Lightning engine and I was wanting to hot tank the block and have it checked out for crackes. I live in San Diego does anyone know of anywhere to get this done at in the county.:shrug:
Due to increasingly restrictive EPA regulations "Hot Tanking" is not done anymore by most modern engine shops. The chemicals used in hot tanks are enviromentally hazardous and very difficult to dispose of.
Instead, most shops have converted to "Jet Washing".
http://www.axeequipment.com/WASHERHOMEPAGE.htm
The block is placed on a rotating table inside a sealed cabinet and a couple of dozen hi-pressure spray nozzles shoot hot, water based degreaser at it for a while until it's clean.

Last edited:

DezRaceSVT

Established Member
Ya I could pick up a phone book, but I was wanting to know if anyone has delt with or knows of a place that does a good job. Not a place that takes your money and says its good!

RIDE THE

Shake & Bake
Established Member
Contact Stan @ DMP. I'm sure he can help you out or at least guide you in the right direction.

Dantes Modular Performance
1635 Coolidge Ave.
National City, Ca. 91950
619-474-8675

Users who are viewing this thread