Hot Dayum she's in!

TruBlu03

Left the dealer around 2-2:30pm, been driving ever since, 60+ miles so far :D What an awesome car! Lottsa power,(already experienced the T/C nose dive), really good shifter,(better than the tri-ax in my GT), awesome clutch, seats etc etc. Exhaust is way quiet, I mean super quiet. Will fix that shortly :D Got the passenger seat rub but no big deal, no vibe, pull or any other noticeable issues.

Whoever said it was deceptively fast hit the nail on the head. I've only been 1/2 to 3/4 throttle so far but day is it fast. Boost hits like gang busters,(how I go the T/C nose dive) and just plain hauls a^^. Can't wait till it's broken in, not gonna push it too much for a while.

Anyways, just popped in to post and get some food, time to drive some more!

:beer:

Excellent experience at Maroone Ford in Margate, Barry is the man!

slythetove

Down the rabbit hole....
Established Member
Be sure you watch your rear view mirror at 80 mph. Even put your hand up to touch it. I didn't think I had "the vibe" either until I really understood how to find it.

It's not a shake in your body, it's a vibe. Just a heads up.

Grats on the new ride.

ArizonaSnake

Established Member
Ok so now you have me wondering if I have the vibe...
Are you saying there isn't supposed to be ANY vibration of the inside rearview mirror at 80 MPH?

TruBlu03

Cripes, I'm all pooped out. Put over 80 crusing miles on it, couple of quick gear runs too(bad bad bad me, gotta stop that). So far, no problems in site and the more I drive it the more I fall in love with it. I think I've crawled through every crack, cranny and orifice on this thing, my family and neighbors have officially determined that I am insane :eek: Hell, I already knew that!

It definatley needs exhaust to perk up the sound. Think I'm gonna go with Borla this time and see how that works out. Already have the LFP intake kit ordered and putting the MGW handle on on Saturday.

Anyone know if the bassani x-pipe w/cats from a 00 GT will hook up to the Cobra?? May need to call Bassani but figured I'd ask here first.

This is soooooo much better than my 00 GT in every respect even with all the GT mods($8k +) it's not even funny. I'm so jazzed I could crap an egg on command! :chicken:

Allrighty, enough blathering, I think everyone gets the point. :-D

ArizonaSnake

Established Member
LLCool...
Blather on dude... we all know the feeling... heck... listening to you talk made walk out to the garage and sit in mine... getting to late for a spin.... but I did just sit there.... :beer:

Jake

Established Member
Congrats! :beer:
I picked mine up today as well.

I know what you mean its hard not to get into it but that will come after we put a few more miles on our cars.

ArkangelX3

Established Member
LLcoolstang.

I give props to the 03 Cobra, for being a bad ass car. I cant wait to get mine on the road in a week or so, but i will have to disagree on the shifter. (my dad has MG 03, so i know what it drives like) That shifter is a piece of crap. Its as moody as the weather. Some days its a breeze, other days i have to fight to get it into every damn gear. Its almost as if the weather determines how easy it is. THe warmer the weather, the easier it shifts. Dont ask my why. Just experinced that more than once. I dont know about you. But i get tired of having to, rengage the clutch or put it into first, to find reverse. But the FIRST thing im doing is dropping the Tri-ax shifter in it. Ford missed the boat on the shifter. Everything else on the car is awesome, but the shifter.

TruBlu03

It's cooler and wetter out today so I will see if the shifer changes attitude. However, the problem you describe is more than likely fluid related. My T45 on the GT would do the same thing, it was annoying sometimes I have to admit. When I changed the fluid to GM Synchromesh it was much better and more consistant. Have to find out if we can do the same for the T56. My biggest complaint is the shifter squishiness, is really hard to find gears when down shifting, esp 6th to 4th. On a positive note, it works very well going through the gears quickly, it did take me 30 or so miles to get a decent fell for it. Hopefully, the MGW handle with replacement ruber isolators will fix the only issues I have thus far.

On a side note, I have found street driving to be extremly smooth if I skip gears, e.g. 1st to 3rd to 5th to 6th. Anyone else doing this? It certainly isn't as exciting but that is eaily corrected when needed :D

Users who are viewing this thread