Hot brakes, soft pedal, didn't come back much

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Thanks guys.

I've used brake ducts on a faster track and they made a huge difference.

I'll get them for this car and try them on the slower track. I also might get some better brake fluid. Perhaps Valvoline synthetic.

If you have a Mustang, you need brake ducts. End of discussion!

Touring is fine without ducts. That's it!

:coolman:

brkntrxn

Inappropriate Motorsports
Established Member
I have always used Valvoline Synthetic and now I cannot find it anywhere. Most likely I will switch over to ATE or Wilwood or Motul.

As for the reservoir, that is a common problem on some vehicles at the track (happens to a friend's Mini all the time) and if you drop the fluid level to prevent leakage, just keep an eye on the overall level. As your pads wear, your level will drop.

I like the elastic wrist band, Greg. I think I will buy my Mini buddy a rainbow colored one, LOL!!!!!!

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
I have always used Valvoline Synthetic and now I cannot find it anywhere. Most likely I will switch over to ATE or Wilwood or Motul.
I have not been able to find it either. I'm down to about four liters and I'm starting to sweat! :dw:

I like the elastic wrist band, Greg. I think I will buy my Mini buddy a rainbow colored one, LOL!!!!!!

I agree. Now that's simply ingenious Greg! :-D And to thing of all the time I've spent wrapping that damn thing!! :bash:

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
It wasn't my idea. I don't remember where I heard it.
I gotta admit though. I just flushed my system on Sunday (ATE Blue), and after 3 years the wrist band is getting a bit stiff. I guess its from the small amounts that have escaped over the years and been cooked in. I'll have to start using the other one that came in the $8.99 2-pack. :D

JordanBand.JPG

brkntrxn

Inappropriate Motorsports
Established Member
Three years later and you still have the damn thing?!?!?!? That would have been long gone in my house.

BTW - The words "wrist" and "a bit stiff" in the same sentence is usually fodder for a joke. Just sayin'.... LOL

wheelhopper

Established Member
The Valvoline fluid is out there. I could not find it at first either. All I could find was a brake fluid they were selling in a blue bottle. After talking to a rep at Valvoline, apparently they are streamlining there line and got rid of all other brake fluid they were making, except the synthetic and changed the bottle they put it in. So if you see a blue Valvoline bottle look close, it should say synthetic somewhere on it.

Worst case you can use the Castrol synthetic, which is similiar. PepBoys sells that.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
It wasn't my idea. I don't remember where I heard it.
I gotta admit though. I just flushed my system on Sunday (ATE Blue), and after 3 years the wrist band is getting a bit stiff. I guess its from the small amounts that have escaped over the years and been cooked in. I'll have to start using the other one that came in the $8.99 2-pack. :D

JordanBand.JPG

I would pay big bucks for one of those in an Anna Kournikova version!! :dancenana:

The Valvoline fluid is out there. I could not find it at first either. All I could find was a brake fluid they were selling in a blue bottle. After talking to a rep at Valvoline, apparently they are streamlining there line and got rid of all other brake fluid they were making, except the synthetic and changed the bottle they put it in. So if you see a blue Valvoline bottle look close, it should say synthetic somewhere on it.

Worst case you can use the Castrol synthetic, which is similiar. PepBoys sells that.

Sweet! I will keep my eyes peeled for it!!

:thumbsup::coolman::beer:

Users who are viewing this thread