Hosed... :(

TroyV

Brakes only slow you down
Established Member
My trip to Tremblant was a good one, and I got a good amount of track time, but it rained pretty hard during the time trials, and everyone in my class aside from me was running Hoosier wets. In the standing water....of which there was a LOT at the track...particularly in the places where a Miata needs lots of lateral G to make time...hoosier wet shoe'd cars just dominated.

On the first day I was running quick enough to have been on the podium if the TT was run in the dry.....so I don't see it as a total loss, but I have been busted down to tied for third in the points, and with the remainder of the season's events at NHMS, I doesn't look like I'll have a podium finish this year........not unless I either pick up huge amounts of time, and or mechanical failures plague the front runners...

I was running in the 2:06's, which is quick for a Miata. To make 2:06, I had to pretty much be at WOT all the way from 14 to 4.....serious butt pucker there.....a light lift at 7....more pucker....and entering 10 with very little brake....even more pucker..

A car wrecked during my TT heat so I got a rerun... In the rain traction was at a minimum, and watching my buddy's car come in on the wrecker didn't help....I ran some safe laps and came in.

There's always next year......ugh..

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
Sorry to hear, Troy.
But you came back in one piece, and there's still more to come.
You can bounce back. :thumbsup:

And take what you learn with you.
Get the Hoosiers wet tires. :D

TroyV

Established Member
Most folks call Hoosier wets the "Dry weather insurance policy" This was the first TT Com has had in several years that has rained. One of my class competitors said that he bought the tires so that it wouldn't rain....and it didn't on a TT day for a long long time. .......sort of like a rain dance....but reversed. :)

I have since picked up a set of Hoosier dirt stockers, which if you didn't know already is the ultimate rain tire.. They are old, but in good shape. I'll throw them on some rat wheels and have them on stand by.

TroyV

Established Member
I will say that the staff photographer at the facility was really good.. Check these two shots out..

MT-T12resize.gif

MT-T5.gif

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
I will say that the staff photographer at the facility was really good.. Check these two shots out..

MT-T5.gif

:lol: That's why you shouldn't carry a passenger in a Miata, look at how low the pass side is riding. :poke:

Good shots, Troy. Looks like you're really hauling ass. :thumbsup:
I expect the belts to be working properly at the next Summit Point. :D

TroyV

Established Member
Yes, new belts, one new seat, and probably an extra HANS and helmet. I'd rather not stretch my passenger's neck while saving myown..

BTW, the datalogger has me at around 1.8G at that turn in the picture. (Turn 5)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread