Horsepower

hdotis69

Established Member
I talk to people and they tell me that it's easy to get 600 horsepower from the lightning. I've been told to change my supercharger for aftermarket and up the boost to 16 or 18 lbs. What can do that is safe. It's an 2001.

SVTman75

My wallet hates me!
Established Member
Originally posted by LIGHTNING LARRY
:nono: :nono: :nono: 16-18 lbs on a stock block = BOOM!
Somone is feeding you BS.

600 HP is easy if you have lots of $$$$$$$$$$$$.

Yeah, what he said. If your last name is Gates or Trump, 600 hp = no problem!!!

SM0KESH0W

Boostaholic
Established Member
Everything is maxxed out around 480 rwhp. Get close to those numbers and you are playing with fire. Go past those numbers and don't complain when the motor goes boom!

Slider

aka=Brad
Established Member
Originally posted by hdotis69
I talk to people and they tell me that it's easy to get 600 horsepower from the lightning. I've been told to change my supercharger for aftermarket and up the boost to 16 or 18 lbs. What can do that is safe. It's an 2001.

If you do that, make sure you take a trip up to the nearest Hallmark store and get a goodbye card for you rods.

IZBLOWN

Yes you can at that boost level...with a built motor. Even at 17-18lbs you wont come close to 600rwhp with a stock motor even with a KB blower.

Anthony

Red BOLT99

Established Member
Who ever told you guys a stock block won't hold 500+hp
Is feeding you guys BS and can't tune worth a crap.
We have more than a few out here pushing more then 500 hp
The only problem out here is our Tracks suck.
We'll be running a new setup on sunday that made 529hp and 703 TQ on a stock block, I'll keep everyone posted.
No flames intend'd:coolman:

Vette Eater

Established Member
My truck made 524rwhp and 696lbsTQ...It was running 14lbs of boost and 125 NOS dry kit, it held together fine with a 12.3:1 A/F and busted some major ass...Then a month and a half later BOOM!!! #4 rod out of the # 8 cylinder, a few years and right at $10,000 later, I am ready for 22lbs out of the Kenne Belle as soon as I curdle some milk and make some cheese.

The rods in the truck are weak and are literally the same size as a Honda prelude rod, just longer. They can only take it for so long before they fail.

BE CAREFUL!!!

Users who are viewing this thread