Horsepower estimate

tek302

Established Member
I dynod 395whp and 351wtq with just a aed tune. Since then, I have opened side pipes, added cat deletes, roush mufflers, and Airaid intake.

How much hp tq you guys think I'm pushing? I've been guessing around 420whp and 360tq.

I plan on getting a hpipe from mrt to finish it up.

IamRacerX

No brand loyalty rhetoric here.
Established Member
It's hard to pin dyno numbers on these cars. Mine has track key, exhaust discs out and a K&N drop in filter and made 410rwhp.... In theory removing the cats and adding a CAI should add 30-40 rwhp with appropriate tune. So on my car would that mean I will make 440-450? I think not... The shop I dynoed mine at said most Boss' make 420 with said mods.... So my car is a bit of a freak. In my case I'm leaving my car as is. But yes I think 420 is very doable with your mods.

BOOSTD5.4

Established Member
You will be 410-420 WHP. With LT's and a CF driveshaft, and similar mods, I made 440-448 WHP. I ditched the side pipes and had cats on my car with 1 7/8 LT's.

railroad

Established Member
Not to bash a product, but I bought MRT off road H for my Shelby. I did not notice, the tubing is 2.5 inches, not the 2.75 of the factory pipe. In addition my pipes had about 1/4 inch weld build up inside where the H was welded in. I tried to clean up some of the obstruction and did put the pipes on. The fit was good. I do not know how much the smaller pipes and obstructions are costing me on power. If I get brave, I will spend some more money and try a different set of pipes. Just telling it like it is.

65sohc

Established Member
I dynod 395whp and 351wtq with just a aed tune. Since then, I have opened side pipes, added cat deletes, roush mufflers, and Airaid intake.

How much hp tq you guys think I'm pushing? I've been guessing around 420whp and 360tq.

I plan on getting a hpipe from mrt to finish it up.

What octane are you running? When I had my car tuned at AED three years ago I gained 7 hp on 91 octane. He probably could have gotten a bit more with better fuel, but that's all we have. Adding a Steeda intake added another 13 for a total of 20 with intake and tune. I'd be surprised if the MRT H-pipe adds anything significant. I haven't seen any before/after results with just that mod, but I noticed even the X-pipe on the new GT350 is of a similar design in that it is of slightly smaller diameter than the main pipes it is welded to. The dyno also makes a difference, obviously. On the AED Dynocom corrected hp in stock configuration was 404. Stock here in Fresno on a loaded Mustang dyno was 385.

Users who are viewing this thread