Hopkins vs.....some french guy

wrenchhead46

Established Member
All I want to know is when they put Roy Jones Jr. in a good match?! Anyone know when his next fight is? What weight class is he in now anyway?

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
He stepped up to Heavyweight, but can (and probably should) drop back down. Rumor has it he's going to fight Holyfield.

TK94Bird

whoopin some ass
Established Member
He has offered to fight Lennox for the measly sum of $100M. (not a typo...one HUNDRED million dollars...)

Thats a lot of fn coin for what 36 minutes of work if it goes 12 rounds. (sorry not a big boxing fan)

Tired

Needs 4 more cylinders.
Established Member
Originally posted by Blue03Cobra
He has offered to fight Lennox for the measly sum of $100M. (not a typo...one HUNDRED million dollars...)
Roy Jones Jr? Dont get me wrong, hes a great boxer, but i seriously doubt that would be a good contest. Toughness + Power + Intelligence + Reach = Dont fight this man

TurboEclipseGSX

Non Ricer
Established Member
Originally posted by Tired
Roy Jones Jr? Dont get me wrong, hes a great boxer, but i seriously doubt that would be a good contest. Toughness + Power + Intelligence + Reach = Dont fight this man

Quickness + Smartness + Plus Patients = bad ass Roy Jones, i think it would be a great fight

TTAFB_SVT

BETHA'S BACK !!!!!!!
Established Member
Bernard put it all over the frenchie last night. Then he even found time to let go on that senile commentator. The Tua,Rahman fight was damn good to but jesus,has Haseem been eating for the 300 days he was off? I've never seen him that out of shape.

He also said he wanted one hundred mil to fight Tyson. I suppose he'll need at least that much to replace his head once it's detached by either Mike or Lennox.

Quickness + Smartness + Plus Patients = bad ass Roy Jones, i think it would be a great fight

Lennox Lewis has those attributes as well. I hate Lewis but I can confidently say that Jones Jr. had better avoid that fight at all cost. And Tyson as well. If Jones barely got by Ruis' 1st round onslaught,what chance does he have to avoid Tyson for 12 rounds?

Tired

Needs 4 more cylinders.
Established Member
Tyson is a completely diffrent ballgame from Lewis though. Aviod his power for a while and eventually he gets reckless. Roy Jones Jr. could beat Tyson, hed just have to really, really mobile. Not alot of fighters can take Tyson toe to toe, except Lewis. :-D

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
Pound for pound, IMO it's clear that Jones Jr. is the best. He'd get killed by someone as big and skilled as Lewis though.

TTAFB_SVT

BETHA'S BACK !!!!!!!
Established Member
Originally posted by Tired
Tyson is a completely diffrent ballgame from Lewis though. Aviod his power for a while and eventually he gets reckless. Roy Jones Jr. could beat Tyson, hed just have to really, really mobile. Not alot of fighters can take Tyson toe to toe, except Lewis. :-D

I agree,I just don't think Jones could stay away from Tyson for that long. Tyson is just as fast as anyone and when or if he gets his head movement back and begins to use a body shot again,I think he has all the tools he needs to beat anyone. Except Lennox Lewis. I despise Lewis,love Tyson,but I'm realistic.

TTAFB_SVT

BETHA'S BACK !!!!!!!
Established Member
Originally posted by 03DOHC
I thought it was funny when Hopkins got into it with Larry. hehehe.

What the hell is wrong with Larry anyway? Seems like he's gone nuts or sumthin. He just goes off into different directions with everything he says and he talks about every boxer as if he could destroy them. Hopkins put him in order though.

hillie16

Stand Silent in Flames
Established Member
I still think the draw in the Tua/Rahman fight was BS, I thought Rahman clearly won the fight. That little frenchman was pathetic. I'm looking forward to Hatton vs. Phillips on the 5th.....

03DOHC

Established Member
Originally posted by TTAFB_SVT
What the hell is wrong with Larry anyway? Seems like he's gone nuts or sumthin. He just goes off into different directions with everything he says and he talks about every boxer as if he could destroy them. Hopkins put him in order though.
hehe, yeah he did. I think he's getting senile. I remember him ask Iron Mike something and Tyson looked at him like he was going to bite his face off.

TTAFB_SVT

BETHA'S BACK !!!!!!!
Established Member
Originally posted by 03DOHC
hehe, yeah he did. I think he's getting senile. I remember him ask Iron Mike something and Tyson looked at him like he was going to bite his face off.

He was probably considering it then decided the meat didn't look fresh enough.:p

Users who are viewing this thread