Hope you don't mind if I still hang around..

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
Originally posted by slythetove

Tracy, this is why I didn't make it to San Antonio on Saturday.
Well, at least it's not yellow. ;-)

Congrats...wanna run em?

Johnny Random

SVT Monster
Established Member
Well let's hear some first impressions. How does it compare to the cobra? What do you like? (hopefully not much on this one) What you dont like? (expect many responses here)

BTW, nice car! If I can't get ole Ticker to stop ticking after two new heads that might be my next option.

slythetove

Down the rabbit hole....
Established Member
Originally posted by racerat
Well, at least it's not yellow. ;-)

Congrats...wanna run em?

You know I've never been afraid to take a beating from a woman!

I think it's probably only fitting that we video it. :) Then you have to run Dale's 427 stroker when he gets it back though. :D :D

Originally posted by Johnny Random
Well let's hear some first impressions. How does it compare to the cobra? What do you like? (hopefully not much on this one) What you dont like? (expect many responses here)

BTW, nice car! If I can't get ole Ticker to stop ticking after two new heads that might be my next option.

First impressions: This car drives like it should. Absolutely confident all over. Anyone who really loves cars and what they should be capable of on a race track or the street and all around would love this car.

Comparisons: This isn't fair to really do, but having owned both I can say a couple of things for certain. The Cobra is the ultimate stock for stock muscle car. It is great for what it is, and the cost / HP is unbeatable. The Z06 is the ultimate stock sports car under probably $100,000. Both have powerful engines and six speed transmissions, but past that they are way too different to try to compare.

Likes: This is a driver's dream car. Heads up display rules! Traction / Active Handling that works WITH you not against you, even in the default mode. You point, and shoot, and the Z06 says, "that all you got?". Awesome. Can't wait to really drive her hard.

Dislikes: Mods cost more. Significantly. :( The bolsters on the seats aren't as big and good as the Cobra.

Conclusion: You'll have to pry this car from my cold dead hands.

EDIT: for my massive $100,000 typo!! lol

Last edited:

slythetove

Down the rabbit hole....
Established Member
Originally posted by 03Sssnake
I think you made that statement a year ago after you got the sonic ;-) :p

Nah, but I did like it a lot.

I never knew love until now though!! :burnout:

nuxx

Established Member
Originally posted by 03Sssnake
Nuxx, don't playa hate.. You know you would too ;-)

I'm waiting for the C6 Z06... it'll give some time for the Mystichrome to get old :p
-Peter

slythetove

Down the rabbit hole....
Established Member
Originally posted by nuxx
I'm waiting for the C6 Z06... it'll give some time for the Mystichrome to get old :p
-Peter

I hear ya.

I smell a photo shoot!! Springtime in Central Texas. Yeeeha!

nuxx

Established Member
I hear ya.

I smell a photo shoot!! Springtime in Central Texas. Yeeeha!

I've been bugging Tracy about that already :beer:

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
I admit it. I love Tracy!!

:lol: :lol:
Yeah...I get that a lot...especially the laughing part. :p

Well let's quit talking and figure out when we're going to do this photo thing. San Marcos has some really nice areas and that would split the distance between the SA/Austin folks.

slythetove

Down the rabbit hole....
Established Member
Originally posted by racerat
Yeah...I get that a lot...especially the laughing part. :p

Well let's quit talking and figure out when we're going to do this photo thing. San Marcos has some really nice areas and that would split the distance between the SA/Austin folks.

Dave is talking about doing his IRS bushings pretty soon, parts are ordered already, and I've offered to help him. Still should only be one day job.

I'm game anytime at least for the next couple of weekends.

nuxx

Established Member
Dave is talking about doing his IRS bushings pretty soon, parts are ordered already, and I've offered to help him. Still should only be one day job.

I'm game anytime at least for the next couple of weekends.

Yeah I'm talking about Dave doing my xpipe, catback, intake, pulley swap, tensioner, shifter, etc... so I'm free :thumbsup:
-Peter

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Originally posted by nuxx
Yeah I'm talking about Dave doing my xpipe, catback, intake, pulley swap, tensioner, shifter, etc... so I'm free :thumbsup:
-Peter

You know.... the amount of beer you bring, is relative to the amount and quality of work I'll perform.

Users who are viewing this thread