Hooter's Car Show in Amarillo ... 45 BIG Pics ... 56K Have a Snack

Mach Daddy

Life Is Mach1derful !!!
Established Member

Pics re-hosted. Sorry for any inconvenience. :beer:

Great turnout for the first show of the year. You couldn't swing a dead cat without hitting a Trans Am ... Their club had over 20 of their member's cars there !!! Several of them won 1st place plaques plus a "Best of Show" and "Manager's Choice" plaque. Good job guys. :rockon:

Alex tied for 1st in his class, J.D. got a 1st place plaque in his class, and I got a 1st place in the Muscle Car Class. I'm sure I'm forgetting someone but I'm anxious to get the pics up.

Here they are ...

00-Hooter's.jpg

00-MyRide.jpg

01-Z28.jpg

02-Yellow-BlkMustang.jpg

03-BlueFord.jpg

04-MaroonTruck.jpg

05Yellow-BlkRoush.jpg

06-BluMtng-Blwn.jpg

07-BluMtng-Vortech.jpg

08-BlkBluTA.jpg

09-BlkBluTA.jpg

10-BlkBluTA.jpg

11-SilveTA.jpg

12-SilverTA.jpg

13-SilverTABoss.jpg

15-BlackTA.jpg

16-YellowTA.jpg

17-OngTA-BlkWhls.jpg

19-WhiteTA.jpg

21-OrngTA-GCIntake.jpg

23-OrngTA-GC4.jpg

24-BluZ28.jpg

25-Joe'sBlackTA.jpg

26-OrangeFireHawk.jpg

27-FireHawkDoor.jpg

28-BuickTurbo1.jpg

29-BuickTurbo2.jpg

30BuickTurbo3.jpg

31-BuickTurbo.jpg

31-BuickTurbo3.jpg

32-BurickTurbo4.jpg

33-JDsCar.jpg

34-JDsCar.jpg

36-White50.jpg

37-Bikes.jpg

40-Alex'sRide.jpg

41-SilverEclipse.jpg

42-BlueCamaro.jpg

43-Herd1.jpg

45-Herd2.jpg

46-Herd3.jpg

47-Herd4.jpg

48-Herd5.jpg

51-Herd6.jpg

Last edited:

Mach Daddy

Life Is Mach1derful !!!
Established Member
v8musclecobra said:
that guy in the orange trans am have a neon tube inside his intake? I dont mind neon that much but that one seems a little outta place.

No neon on the TA ... As far as I saw, there was no neon on any vehicle at the show. :shrug: The only thing under the clear cover on the TA was the filter.

RUthLEss03

11.24@123
Established Member
No Lightnings??? :shrug:

Nice pics, btw. I've got a bunch from a car show here a few weeks ago. Just gotta take the time to upload them.

SKMCOBRA

Just the Facts
Established Member
How many total cars? I'll be in Amarillo this Wednesday on my regular monthly appointments. Is there a Mustang club in Amarillo?

Mach Daddy

Life Is Mach1derful !!!
Established Member
Hersheyman said:
How many total cars? I'll be in Amarillo this Wednesday on my regular monthly appointments. Is there a Mustang club in Amarillo?

I'm guessing there were around 75 cars there. Later in the Summer there will probably be around 100-125 cars at these shows.

We have a Rod Run on the first Saturday of every month too. There were probably around 250-300 cars at the April run and the May run will be crazy. :banana:

There is a Mustang club in Amarillo. My impression is that it is more of an older crowd that goes in for classic, stock rides.

Most of the performance oriented crowd in, and around Amarillo are members of the AmarilloRacers crowd ... ( www.amarilloracers.com ) and the Top Of Texas Trans Am club (TOTTA). There are a LOT of TOTTA members and they tend to travel in herds. ;-)

Where are the Hooter's Girls ??? They were there. Next month I'll get some pics of them and post 'em up along with the cars. ;-)

BittenInBama

Established Member
Nice pics. Looks like a good turn out for your first show of the year too.

You guys should have a new Cobra in your midst today....the guy that bought my torch red aniv coupe said he lives in Amarillo. Keep an eye out for my baby, I miss it already :??:

Mach Daddy

Life Is Mach1derful !!!
Established Member
BittenInBama said:
... You guys should have a new Cobra in your midst today....the guy that bought my torch red aniv coupe said he lives in Amarillo. Keep an eye out for my baby, I miss it already :??:

He'll be welcomed here. There is no shortage of Cobras and Lightnings here. I would guess we have as many SVT cars here per capita as anywhere else in the country ... maybe more.

Lots and lots of muscle car, street rod, and classic car enthusiasts around here. Maybe the new Torch Red will be at the May Rod Run. I'll keep my eyes open ... maybe I'll see your (old) car. :)

Coiled03

Established Member
Nice pics.....looks like a good time!

But how do you go to a Hooters car show and not get any pics of the hot waitresses? :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread