hooking up my brand new MP

02_lightning_NP

Air Assault
Established Member
Just got back from iraq for a few days and am slapping on my new MP but have a concern or two. I currently run a 6lb lower for street and will be using the 2.7 upper as well and i dont know how much boost that will create and i need to write my toy a new tune. Any ideas? :shrug: and second is there anything i need to know from you MP guys about installing it correctly like what hiccups will i run into or is there something special you had to do or did do before you slapped it on? thanks guys

Dr. Matt

Dr. Matt
Established Member
I've been running my MP with a 6#/2.7 for the past few months and only seeing 16#'s of boost but I think my gauge is off, I think I am getting more boost than it reads. I've been running the snot out of it in 30-40* weather on 90 octane with 11* of timing. I forget do you have a built motor or stock? Anyway the only snags I ran into on the install were a dirty intercooler and I had to grind the snout case to clear my C&L plenum. I asked about it on this and other sites and noone else reported having this problem. I don't thin k it will be an issue if you are running a stock plenum but here's pics of mine.

newunsorted075.jpg

newunsorted080.jpg

newunsorted078.jpg

By the way, I hope you plan on bringing that down to the track this summer. I'm heading up to Arctic Man tomorrow but we'll have to talk about a GTG at the track this summer.

Matt

Kryo-Genik

My meat is hand rubbed
Established Member
enjoy it. ive got one on my truck with a sheet metal plenum...sounds nasty when going full tilt

02_lightning_NP

Air Assault
Established Member
thanks for the info and no i didnt have to grind it to fit my plenum over it. thats weird though. is that the same blower that locked up on you a while back or did you get a different MP since then? but yeah i wont be here this summer, i am heading back to iraq till sep oct time frame. wish i could though, never know maybe ill get lucky. oh and no its not completely built i bought the forged rebuild kit from JDM so at least the inside can handle almost anything but the block is still very factory.

Last edited:

latemodelracer2

Boosted Beyond bolt ons
Established Member
with a built lower i wouldnt think twice stepping up to a 8lb lower. Also what is done to your truck as far as injectors, pumps mass air etc?

02_lightning_NP

Air Assault
Established Member
i havent upgraded my maf yet or my injectores or fuel pumps for that matter. I just got back from Iraq and everything is still just sitting in the boxes waiting to get installed. but i will be putting on 60 lb injectors and the 2800 maf and the 255 pumps shortly, trying to spend as much time with the family before i have to go back in a week or so. wife gets really jealous when i even look at my truck right now because times limited.

Dr. Matt

Dr. Matt
Established Member
thanks for the info and no i didnt have to grind it to fit my plenum over it. thats weird though. is that the same blower that locked up on you a while back or did you get a different MP since then? but yeah i wont be here this summer, i am heading back to iraq till sep oct time frame. wish i could though, never know maybe ill get lucky. oh and no its not completely built i bought the forged rebuild kit from JDM so at least the inside can handle almost anything but the block is still very factory.

No mine never locked up. I actually swapped a stock eaton for the one I have and it had a damaged snout from a pulley that broke before I got it. The guy I got it from wanted to go back to stock and I knew about the damage a needing a new snout before we traded. Charles took good care of me by selling me a new snout, checking out the case, installing new rear bearings and assembling it. Enjoy your time with the family, the truck will be there when you get back. Be safe and thank you for your service.

Matt

TP 112

Established Member
you can run the 2.7 & 6er. allday,but i would upgrade maf & fuel stuff first.if you have forged internals i would step up to 8LB. lower also.DR. Matt that is all the boost i see with the same pulley combo also.15.5 to 16.

Users who are viewing this thread