Hooking up in a HCI fox

GRFox

Established Member
Hello I have a 92 LX all stock suspension currently. I already have H&R lowering springs not sure which ones but the ones that H&R assured me wouldn't affect the ride (.75 in the front and 1.25 in the rear?), kyb struts and shocks, 3.73 rear gears with stock axels and diff. T5 from D&D. Brodix ST50 heads stage 1, port matched Systemax upper and lower and custom ground cam from Fox Lake.

I'm looking for a car that will hook up well for weekend drag racing but won't kill me for handling on the street.

I'm thinking a good 275 DR, upper and lower control arms? I'm on a budget and not sure how aggressive I need to get with the rear suspension, but I'm looking for some advice from real world experience.

With +/- 320rwhp will I need to upgrade axles and the diff?

Thanks!

SHLBYLVR

Established Member
I put Maximum Motorsports rear lower control arms and used the stock upper. I also put a panhard bar also. You should be fine not upgrading the rear, but I did because I wanted to upgrade to rear discs. A good set of lower control arms and some good tires should let you hook real nice.

20160709_100353_zpsgvcyezwc.jpg

Last edited:

mustang88gt

Established Member
I used eibach drag springs in mine and summit upper and lower control arms, driving was good and 60ft times were in the 1.66-1.72 times

Dig Race

Established Member
275 dr, control arms, full subframe connectors and good shocks and struts should get it out of the hole good for not have drag suspension

Users who are viewing this thread