Hooked up the Snow kit

KenneSVT

GOT BOOST??
Established Member
It runs great. The truck pulls really firm and the detonation has decreased a lot. I like it. I wont be using it a lot, but maybe every now and then;-) .

FordFanStan

Established Member
Havent installed mine yet, but er the instructions it looks about as simple an install can be. Couple wires, drill a couple holes, bolt it all up and tap and insert the nozzle and boom your done haha... Stan

fuzzie

AKA---Silver04'L
Established Member
The detonation has decreased a lot????????? Dude are you still driving it while its detonating???? Your tune needs some timing takin out or some fuel added............You gonna be able to make it out on the 22n'd for HPD's Judgement Day or HALO's photo shoot. Dont know how many of them will stay and race but I know there will be around 40-50 cars from HPD. Come on out and run some of the new stock block whipples, KB's, and Magnums.

FordFanStan

Established Member
Kenne do yuo have an A/F guage, if so what type and what difference have you seen while spraying the meth in there? Do you have yours maf or boost activated?... Stan

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
fuzzie said:
The detonation has decreased a lot????????? Dude are you still driving it while its detonating???? Your tune needs some timing takin out or some fuel added............You gonna be able to make it out on the 22n'd for HPD's Judgement Day or HALO's photo shoot. Dont know how many of them will stay and race but I know there will be around 40-50 cars from HPD. Come on out and run some of the new stock block whipples, KB's, and Magnums.

Yeah, come on out and run some stock block Whipple trucks! :coolman:

KenneSVT

GOT BOOST??
Established Member
Yeah. It starts detonating when I stomp it and its around 4000 rpms. I slack off on the acceleration. I need to do something about it. It sounds horrible. I dont stay in it when the detonation starts. It is starting to piss me off. I dont have an a/f gauge.

fuzzie

AKA---Silver04'L
Established Member
Damn bro your gonna blow that bitch up if you keep driving it like that. You need to take it to a tuner or your gonna be spending some dough on a new motor.

KenneSVT

GOT BOOST??
Established Member
It runs great and pulls strong. The tune is good. My AF is good. I don't know why it detonates at hight rpms. I don't plan on running the snow kit that often. It was already on my truck so I figured why not hook it up right. I will try to find a tuner. I emailed my tuner, I am just waiting on a reply. Would the humidity make a difference on it detonating?? It seems like it doesn't do it that much when its cooler.

I want to clarify something. What does detonation sound like? Does it sound like bb's in a can around the area of the supercharger?? Thats what the noise is and it sounds like it is coming from the blower.

FordFanStan

Established Member
If it sounds like bb's in a can, you could just be hearing pinging. Not necessarily detonation. Hard to say without hearing it. When everyone upgrades pullies, they hear this from their blower, but thats with the stock Eaton. I haven't heard anyone say this with a KB... Stan

MaxPower

She likes Spaghetti
Established Member
Be sure to always use a mix of meth and water.

I think my prolonged use of 99% meth to 1% VP Racing's Top Lube has killed a seal on the pump. It leaks like a sieve.

KenneSVT

GOT BOOST??
Established Member
First gear usually does not have the sound, its when I shift into second and get in it is when I hear it. It sounds like someone is shaking a can of bb's in my engine bay. I just figured it was detonation...

FordFanStan

Established Member
It is very possible that it is detonation...

I would seriously invest my money into a quality A/F gauge, and a re-tune via a dyno... Stan

KenneSVT

GOT BOOST??
Established Member
I talked to my tuner and he said it would be safe to run the methanol. When I use it I have no detonation. I am going to hook it to a wide open throttle switch until I can send my chip to him to re burn it.

GTPvsSVT

crunk
Established Member
I have boost cooler as well. Mine is boost activated beginning at around 6 lbs. I have a 2.75 upper and a 4lb lower. With it activated (i have a switch inside the cab to turn power to it on and off) my a/f from an AEM wideband is 11.2. Without it activated, it sits at about 10.8x. You can really only tell a difference when you hot-lap at the track or on highway pulls. Overall, took me longer to decide where to mount the pump and tank than it did to hook it all up. Very pleased with it. Haven't gotten a chance to dyno with and without it...went to mustang week but they kept bumping those getting tuned infront of me:fm: :rollseyes but I was interested to see what it dynoed two runs in a row without and two more runs in a row with it on...I believe here is where it will shine the most. And for those who think it does not cool the Intake charge at all (granted, this is not its main function) When I log IAT 1 and IAT2, they are about 2* difference whenever the meth is injecting. I give it a :rockon:

Kent

P.S. Any pics of where you installed yours? I tried to hide mine as best I could. Post some up!!

KenneSVT

GOT BOOST??
Established Member
I will try to take some pics. If you are standing in front of the truck looking at the engine bay, the pump is mounted right behind the left headlight and tucked under the frame next to the radiator. You cannot even see it. It is hooked up to my Winshield Washer fluid tank and is ran into the the bottom of my C&L elbow.

GTPvsSVT

crunk
Established Member
i started with it there and ended up gettin a racetested tb spacer tapped and a solinoid. Cleans it up imho.

kent

Users who are viewing this thread