Hoods???

03BLWNDSG

Established Member
Hey guys im still pretty new here...i have an '03 DSG...well i have been thinking about getting a hood...the only thing is that i am undecided on what i want...what do yall recommend cowl or ram-air type hood...or should i just leave the stock one on there...any pics of your hoods will help...any of your suggestions will help also...well yall let me know what you guys think...thanx
Cesar

03BLWNDSG

Established Member
hey thanks for the links man...those are some good looking hoods on there...btw your truck looks damn good...i like how low it sits

ViciousJay

Established Member
keep the stocker, its the lightest and best looking... the only way id swap is if they had a 03/04 cobra hood for us

03BLWNDSG

Established Member
ya i have had some people here in town tell me they like the the stocker and to not even bother getting another because they weigh more...but i dont know yet

Notrace81

Banned
The picture looks like shit but it is a carbon fiber Cobra R hood... I might go with this or just a OEM carbon fiber.... People might knock the CF but i love the shit half of my Supra is CF.

t_99fdmus2dcr-010c.jpg

MMShaggy

10 Second Club
Established Member
Depends on what your goals are.

Blinging? Get a cool looking hood.

Straight performance? Can't beat the stock hood for weight. There's nothing out there lighter.(yet)

Something a little different... shaker hood conversion...

SADF

Established Member
The picture looks like shit but it is a carbon fiber Cobra R hood... I might go with this or just a OEM carbon fiber.... People might knock the CF but i love the shit half of my Supra is CF.

t_99fdmus2dcr-010c.jpg

I just got a stock style carbon fiber hood because I like the OEM look the best, but love carbon fiber. Plus it goes well with my DGM carbon fiber bumper and carbon fiber radiator shroud

SADF

Established Member
Depends on what your goals are.

Blinging? Get a cool looking hood.

Straight performance? Can't beat the stock hood for weight. There's nothing out there lighter.(yet)

Something a little different... shaker hood conversion...

...conversion? a company made them for our trucks for a while. was it pro glass? can't remember

Notrace81

Banned
I just got a stock style carbon fiber hood because I like the OEM look the best, but love carbon fiber. Plus it goes well with my DGM carbon fiber bumper and carbon fiber radiator shroud

Nice! Where did you pick up the CF bumper and radiator shroud? I would'nt might getting me some CF goodies for the ride, after i drop it and slap some rims on it.

Last edited:

SADF

Established Member
Nice! Where did you pick up the CF bumper and radiator shroud? I would'nt might getting me some CF goodies for the ride, after i drop it and slap some rims on it.

The one and only DGM (DGMotorsports.com). They have taken care of me well (even sent me a new fog light "cup" for free this week after I lost one; long story on that as I lost the fog light assembly, too. Eric/Ride The sent me a new fog light assembly free, including free shipping, so I got both for free after both fell out/off). I love carbon fiber and will get the tailgate next from VIS. Ever since I bought the L I wanted all the carbon DGM stuff. I wanted the bumper so bad and I finally got it. I also wanted the hood for so long, but about a year ago I realized they no longer made it. It was pricey at about a grand, but there quality was the best carbon fiber I had ever seen for our trucks and I liked they put their stamp on it just like on the radiator shroud cover I have. Its not on the bumper, but thats probably a good thing. I ended up getting a hood through Erebuni, who's website I had not visited since I was sixteen (ten years ago!). I had been researching for a hood for months and came across their page. I used to get free subsciriptions to Motor Trend and Stuff on thier site. They were having a liquidation sale and had hoods as cheap as $150. I got their LAST hood for F-150's/Expy's for $300 shipped to my door! Once he said it was their last one I jumped on it. The carbon looks great and matches the DGM perfectly. I just need to get the other two carbon fiber DGM engine piece (wire loom cover and that other one). Plus I have a scheme I will be doing with the hood getting painted and adding some carbon elsewhere. A trendy design with a not so overplayed idea!

sombitch weighs about 60lbs too...I got one on my ride...

I don't care about weight, at all. I will never be competing with John Force, so anything that adds weight on my truck will never matter to me. I am happy with my new carbon fiber hood and it weighs more than stock, but I love the look on my truck as I have already added alot of carbon fiber. Out of all the aftermarket hoods from the OG's and back in the day, this was the only one I liked. Besides that, the stocker was my favorite or carbon fiber in the stock design like I just got. Still, the shaker hood is still clean

bgstew6

ResFirma Mitescere Nescit
Established Member
The one and only DGM (DGMotorsports.com). They have taken care of me well (even sent me a new fog light "cup" for free this week after I lost one; long story on that as I lost the fog light assembly, too. Eric/Ride The sent me a new fog light assembly free, including free shipping, so I got both for free after both fell out/off). I love carbon fiber and will get the tailgate next from VIS. Ever since I bought the L I wanted all the carbon DGM stuff. I wanted the bumper so bad and I finally got it. I also wanted the hood for so long, but about a year ago I realized they no longer made it. It was pricey at about a grand, but there quality was the best carbon fiber I had ever seen for our trucks and I liked they put their stamp on it just like on the radiator shroud cover I have. Its not on the bumper, but thats probably a good thing. I ended up getting a hood through Erebuni, who's website I had not visited since I was sixteen (ten years ago!). I had been researching for a hood for months and came across their page. I used to get free subsciriptions to Motor Trend and Stuff on thier site. They were having a liquidation sale and had hoods as cheap as $150. I got their LAST hood for F-150's/Expy's for $300 shipped to my door! Once he said it was their last one I jumped on it. The carbon looks great and matches the DGM perfectly. I just need to get the other two carbon fiber DGM engine piece (wire loom cover and that other one). Plus I have a scheme I will be doing with the hood getting painted and adding some carbon elsewhere. A trendy design with a not so overplayed idea!

I don't care about weight, at all. I will never be competing with John Force, so anything that adds weight on my truck will never matter to me. I am happy with my new carbon fiber hood and it weighs more than stock, but I love the look on my truck as I have already added alot of carbon fiber. Out of all the aftermarket hoods from the OG's and back in the day, this was the only one I liked. Besides that, the stocker was my favorite or carbon fiber in the stock design like I just got. Still, the shaker hood is still clean

Im talking bout my SHaker hood...not the CF

SADF

Established Member
Im talking bout my SHaker hood...not the CF

I know and I did go on about my decision to get a carbon fiber, I stated in the last sentence :), lol that I like the looks of the shaker and that also the shaker was the only other hood I have ever liked because of its cleaness. It was misleading because of the notes on "lightness" when talking about carbon fiber. I was actually speaking on how I liked the shaker and that the weight of it wouldn't bother me seeing as how I picked up a carbon fiber and even though the emphasis on a carbon fiber hood is "lightness", it weighs more. I just like the design of both the shaker and carbon even though they weigh more. Sorry for the confusion.

Last edited:

03BLWNDSG

Established Member
so does the shaker sit on top of the blower and the hood just has a hole cut out...or how does that work

DSC_0013.jpg

DSC_0014.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread