Hood wont unlatch

Black 03 Mach

Roll Tide
Established Member
I pull my hood release and it just comes back without the usual pop and of course the hood is still stuck in its position. What can i do?

static74

in the 9's
Established Member
you can manually push the latch over with a screw driver, use a flash light to look at the latch, you will see where you need to push. i had to do this all the time on my 94 since the cable had broken and I didnt want to fix it.

EVO-lution

Established Member
i'm having a an issue with mine and I feel it's going to lead to this soon. i have to pull the hood latch release with force.

thirtytwovalve

Steam Rollin 335's
Established Member
sawzall_large.jpg

Black 03 Mach

Roll Tide
Established Member
you can manually push the latch over with a screw driver, use a flash light to look at the latch, you will see where you need to push. i had to do this all the time on my 94 since the cable had broken and I didnt want to fix it.

I cant see what im supposed to push

FEARED

Established Member
I cant see what im supposed to push

There is a latch that hold the hood down, it looks like a hook if the hood is not there. Try and push the piece of metal that is holding the hood down to the side.

It sounds like your hood release is working, the loud poping sound, but the handle release (under your hood) is not.

Look under the hood as best as you can and look past the yellow rubber piece, the latch should be right past it.

Black 03 Mach

Roll Tide
Established Member
There is a latch that hold the hood down, it looks like a hook if the hood is not there. Try and push the piece of metal that is holding the hood down to the side.

It sounds like your hood release is working, the loud poping sound, but the handle release (under your hood) is not.

Look under the hood as best as you can and look past the yellow rubber piece, the latch should be right past it.

There is no drag on the hood release, it just floats if you know what i mean. Im trying this once i get changed. if not freehold ford here i come.

Users who are viewing this thread