Hood with Terminator motor in 96 cobra?

SVTCOBRRA

Established Member
i have a 96 cobra with a terminator motor just wondering if i am going to need a new hood, have a hood with a 2.5 cowl now and it hit my intake on the stock 96 intake and now, the eaton seems to sit above the fender, anyone else have this in there sn95?

SVTCOBRRA

Established Member
i hope it works with my hood, just put the motor in yesterday, hope to have it done by the 1st, hows your stang doin?

crazycarlo

Established Member
In order to make it fit with a stock hood people have had to make plates to raise the body of the car like 3/4 of an inch. I would think with the cowl hood though you would be fine.

Cookieman00x

Drunk Again.
Established Member
Nice, if you need a hand let me know... The car is doing well, took care of all the stupid problems and its working correctly for the first time in a long time... As it turns out my cold start issue was a problem with one of my injectors were leaking. I got them cleaned and flowed matched and its all good now.

Last edited:

95SC

Banned
I don't know how big is the cowl on my body's car but if you want I can ask him how much space there is between the blower and the hood.

96 chris

Established Member
what size wheels does your buddy have on the front there Burbank? And what kind of wheels are they. thanks.

albino96

White is the fastst color
Established Member
A guy around here has it under the stock hood, but he said he spent a lot messing with the motor mounts to get the engine down a little. In stock form it shouldn't quite fit.

EDIT: with your cowl I believe it should fit fine.

Last edited:

SoCalHarley

SC32VGT
Established Member
On my GT we needed to use a Cobra R hood... this hood just barely clears the 2.93 pulley. I am pretty sure the stock cobra hood will clear... here is a couple of my 96GT.
IMG_1273.jpg

IMG_1272.jpg

twista

Band'edid
Established Member
On my GT we needed to use a Cobra R hood... this hood just barely clears the 2.93 pulley. I am pretty sure the stock cobra hood will clear... here is a couple of my 96GT.
IMG_1273.jpg

IMG_1272.jpg

Theres no damn nonpi in ther. Sleeper for real! :rockon::rockon::rockon: Stang GT with some bite!!

Stavesacre21

Thinkin 4th Dimensionally
Established Member
sure hope not! The hood on the 96-98s is actually one of my favorite exterior parts on a stock Cobra!

No one will think the lesser by the way she looks! mwahahaha!

Slow mustang :(
Established Member
You could place some washers below where the frame to K-member bolts mount. That should drop it 1/4 to 1/2 inch needed.

msmistyk

'96 Terminator
Established Member
i have a 96 cobra with a terminator motor just wondering if i am going to need a new hood, have a hood with a 2.5 cowl now and it hit my intake on the stock 96 intake and now, the eaton seems to sit above the fender, anyone else have this in there sn95?

I have a 96 with an 03 build. The hood will not close. What we did was cut a small hole in the underside for the IAC. You can't see if from the outside. You'll have to test it though - when you get on it, the motor shifts and the hood bent/broke the connection to the IAC - car died. We had to take a file and make the hole a little bigger. Works great now. I LOVE my swap!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread