Hood Vents & Side Scoop Inserts Installed (with pics)

y2kpony

Established Member
I had this done in March and I am now getting around to sharing what I had done. I had the underside of the hood painted to match and installed the hood struts. I also had fore precision works hood vents inserts and side scoop inserts painted and installed while it was at the body shop. I had them both painted gloss black so that they would match. I am happy with it, I just wanted to share what I had done with everybody. Thanks for looking! :pepper:

9ff29447-8164-4275-8559-eba15409b95a_zps5a896b13.jpg

dac26ff3-8792-4024-99a6-72992dfa0e0a_zpsfaec8f41.jpg

IMG_0856_zps40edb8d9.jpg

IMG_1006_zpsd9a964f1.png

IMG_1007_zps10a1652a.png

y2kpony

Established Member
Thanks guys. I bought the side scoop inserts a few years ago. They were supposed to go in my old gt but they fit in these also. I got them through lethal performance at that time. They were just bare aluminum and I had them painted.

Monkeygrits

Newb SVT Poster
Established Member
Are those fore side scoop inserts? They are so rare and the company refuses to make any more. I went true forged cause I couldn't find a set of those but those are amazing.

y2kpony

Established Member
Are those fore side scoop inserts? They are so rare and the company refuses to make any more. I went true forged cause I couldn't find a set of those but those are amazing.

yes they are. i bought them years ago for my old gt. never installed them in that and now i put them in my cobra. i just had to paint them black because they were bare billet aluminum. they are nice. thanks for the compliment.

y2kpony

Established Member
I bumped this old thread to the top for Epwillis to check out. Wanted to see side scoop pics.

SL0BRA650

NorCal.
Established Member
This looks good! Did you think about painting the chin spoiler and the rear bumper diffuser gloss black as well? <---has anyone done this?

y2kpony

Established Member
This looks good! Did you think about painting the chin spoiler and the rear bumper diffuser gloss black as well? <---has anyone done this?

No I didn't. I have gloss black billet rear bumper letters to install yet. I use a few things from Adams polishes on the chin spoiler and defuser that shine them real good as well as on the wiper cowl. I don't know of anyone doing that but I'm sure someone somewhere has.

y2kpony

Established Member
Since I bumped this thread and there are pics of my side scoop inserts on here I might as well get opinions. I've gotten compliments on the inserts but I'm starting to think maybe keeping it stock would have been better. I love the hood vents just not sure about the side scoops. I still have the stockers. What do you guys think? Thanks.

y2kpony

Established Member
I've got the same Fore inserts except mine are anodized black. I'd keep them if I were you.

Yes I'm leaning that way. I'm in my garage everyday and i see them and I just don't think I want to pull them out. They just look better with the hood vents then the stockers would.

Users who are viewing this thread