Hood shocks are sweet.

kaos

Established Member
I didn't think I would like them as much as I do, but the first time I had to pop the hood to check my oil I realized how much nicer it is with hood shocks. They are from redlinetuning and they are only about 50 bucks. They lift the hood higer too and they seem like they are pretty strong shocks, but I could just be talking out of my ass though.

I totally recommend them.

http://www.redlinetuning.com/products.html

quick01snake

Your View
Established Member
Originally posted by omslaw
I didn't think I would like them as much as I do, but the first time I had to pop the hood to check my oil I realized how much nicer it is with hood shocks. They are from redlinetuning and they are only about 50 bucks. They lift the hood higer too and they seem like they are pretty strong shocks, but I could just be talking out of my ass though.

I totally recommend them.

http://www.redlinetuning.com/products.html

dayum almost 70 bux w/ shipping...i bet i could create my own for 30-40 bux....

kaos

Established Member
I got it for 50 it was part of that group buy. I never looked to see how much they actually were. :)

MystiChrome Coupe

Established Member
I got them through the GB also. Did you happen to paint the brackets? If so, do you think rustoleum flat black enamel is good enough for a base/primer coat? That's what I happen to have in the garage & then I'll put my mystichrome touch up paint on them. At least that's the plan.

sedwick

Established Member
I ordered some of these myself and just received them yesterday. You don't have to paint the brackets, but, I think it will look better if you do. I am just painting my brackets gloss black since all the other brackets in the engine compartment are black. Anyway, it will be great to get rid of the proprod.

kaos

Established Member
Originally posted by sedwick
I ordered some of these myself and just received them yesterday. You don't have to paint the brackets, but, I think it will look better if you do. I am just painting my brackets gloss black since all the other brackets in the engine compartment are black. Anyway, it will be great to get rid of the proprod.

I wasn't thinking the brackets. On the site Redline recomends you paint the parts where you drilled the holes to prevent corrosion and rust. Here's where they say that. http://www.redlinetuning.com/QL-tips.html

PaulL

Established Member
Another question...
How easily does the hood close? Does it have to be pushed down to latch, or can you drop it the last foot and allow it to 'slam' closed?

MystiChrome Coupe

Established Member
Yep, just pull the hood down & it will fall the last foot or so. I put mine on yesterday. Great little mod, IMO.
3256-5654-89684.jpg

o3SnakeBite

Die Hard Sports Junkie
Established Member
They look good.. $60 + shipping is a lil rough though for something that you dont see unless your hood is poped. How long are the shocks suppose to last before they have to be replaced?

kaos

Established Member
Originally posted by o3SnakeBite
They look good.. $60 + shipping is a lil rough though for something that you dont see unless your hood is poped. How long are the shocks suppose to last before they have to be replaced?

It's more of a convenience thing. It's nice not to have to prop the hood just to do a quick check of the oil. Especially if you are going out and are dressed up and want to check your oil real quick. Also you have more clearance working around your engine. No hood prop and the hood opens higher. It's also nice at the strip if you want to keep opening up your hood.

And I have no idea how long the shocks last.

Users who are viewing this thread