Hood shaking, functional hood pins or alternatives?

evanjp

Established Member
Hey man this is EXACTLY what's wrong with mine. Did you get it replaced by ford? I can't find the part on whitebear lakes web site.

evanjp

Established Member
Holy crap I found it. It's a $150 part from the ford site, and >$200 part from CJ/etc! Unbelievable! It's a crappy/cheap part! I gotta figure out a way to fix it. If it was $100 or so I'd be like whatever but I can't believe how expensive it is for a shitty piece of plastic or foam or whatever it is!

nate714

Established Member
I never looked at Ford website, I was lucky enough to get mine replaced by Ford because I talked to the right people, and they implied that the mounting points degraded without impact. Most people would consider that road damage from speed bumps or driveways and not covered by warranty. Good to know that it's cheaper on ford's site though. When I saw the cost on CJponyparts I was getting ready to drill a couple new holes and drift stitch that flimsy fiber plastic shit with zip ties.

evanjp

Established Member
I'm gonna do zip ties for sure lol. My buddy told me to do that. For now I just wedged it up there and I'll do a glory run on the way to work tomorrow and see how it does to troubleshoot if that's the problem or not. I'll try the zip ties and if it's still effed up but noticeably better I'll opt for a new one. I'm way out of warranty so no go there.

evanjp

Established Member
So just an update I wedged that part up into the oil change shield and no shaking. It eventually unwedged itself and started shaking again, so I got under the car and there was one side that didn't have a screw in it at all, so I transferred a screw to that side, used some shoe goo on a part that was ripped but slightly salvageable under the screw after tightening it, and zip tied the drivers side (ripped pretty good there) to the splash guard on the bottom out of view. Seems to be working fine. Saved $200.

Users who are viewing this thread