Hood replaced by Ford- now wobbling 75 and over.

evanjp

Established Member
My stock hood had corrosion and I got it replaced by ford. My new hood now wobbles like crazy 75 mph and over. One bolt was not very tight on the passenger side mount and I tightened it with no difference, all others seem tight. I played with the height adjusters and I can't figure them out, I raised them a couple times at different heights and lowered them all the way with no real noticeable difference. I talked to ford and they said to bring it back in. Koons of Baltimore, MD.

They did not change out the hood latch and the latch mechanism seems a bit loose. When I try to wiggle the hood by hand, it seems very tight and doesn't move at all. When closing the hood it seems sturdy with a more solid sound than the old hood did to some extent. Not really sure though.

Would anyone have an idea of what's wrong?

evanjp

Established Member
Just looked at another thread and I'll check the lower wind deflectors. I hit a traffic cone a couple weeks ago and it busted all the fasteners in the splash guard on my drivers side wheel well. Did some wax work and buffed out the marks on the paint and replaced all but one fastener underneath. I'll get that done, and I am missing one from the black plastic piece above the radiator. Maybe that could be it too, but the lower air deflector is where I will check next. If anyone else has any ideas please leave them here. Thanks.

evanjp

Established Member
Figured it out. Plastic/ foam piece attached by screws to bumper is just ripped off of k member. Looks I repairable. Would tousley ford have that piece?

evanjp

Established Member
I can flap that thing around with one finger I mean that has gotta be the problem. I was wondering if it was just me or that plastic piece that is angled down under the bumper- a wind deflector on the foam piece- was closer to the ground. At least I know what it is now.

evanjp

Established Member
Is that part called the "lower shield"? $150 bucks from whitebear lake ford. Jesus. Is that the correct part any idea?

Users who are viewing this thread