Hood Options for 4.0 Whipple

eric03l

Established Member
I really like the BMC Black mamba, SS Hood. Not really big on the 3'' cowl hoods I've seen. Is there any other options out there that would fit the whipple?
I had a k-member spacer but took it off due to clearance issues. Now I'm stuck with no hood. Any options?

Competition

Hood Rich
Established Member
Did you see the new cervini's cobra R cowl for the 13-up cars? I have not been a fan of any cowl I've seen on these cars except that 1. It fits the body lines perfect

eric03l

Established Member
It looks good, but I wanted to keep my stripes. Don't think a cowl would look good with stripes. :shrug:

eric03l

Established Member
Did you see the new cervini's cobra R cowl for the 13-up cars? I have not been a fan of any cowl I've seen on these cars except that 1. It fits the body lines perfect

I saw the pics, looks real good. Only concern would be fitment. Figured I could delete the stripes since they probably wouldn't look good on

5.0 guy

Established Member
Or you could move here in Colorado, lots of people drive around without their hood installed, smoke pot and collect a free check. The only place where the Gov draws the line is you can't buy a high capacity mag which makes you a bad person!

eric03l

Established Member
Or buy the engine lowering kit from Lethal and keep the stock hood.

We did but the long tubes had a few clearance issues. I like the cervinis but the fitment looks off in the pics. Ill just pull the trigger on the super snake hood.

BCPD199

Established Member
I saw the pics, looks real good. Only concern would be fitment. Figured I could delete the stripes since they probably wouldn't look good on

It's been a few years since I dealt with them; but, I had Cervini hoods on two different '93 and under cars and their quality was top notch. I can't imagine they'd still be around if that had changed.

Competition

Hood Rich
Established Member
Never had any of their stuff on a new body car but I had a cobra hood from cervinis on my old GT and I think the fit and quality was better than oem.

eric03l

Established Member
I only know one person personally who bought that R hood, and he said that the fitment was perfect

It's been a few years since I dealt with them; but, I had Cervini hoods on two different '93 and under cars and their quality was top notch. I can't imagine they'd still be around if that had changed.

Never had any of their stuff on a new body car but I had a cobra hood from cervinis on my old GT and I think the fit and quality was better than oem.

Yea on my Lightning cervinis always had better fitment than the hardwood. For 600 I think I'm going to pull the trigger and cross my fingers it comes out good. Ill try and post pics once I get it on

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
We did but the long tubes had a few clearance issues. I like the cervinis but the fitment looks off in the pics. Ill just pull the trigger on the super snake hood.

Can you give me more detail on where exactly you were having problems? I'm looking to do the kmember spacer and drop mounts on my car, and I have ARH longtubes.

eric03l

Established Member
Can you give me more detail on where exactly you were having problems? I'm looking to do the kmember spacer and drop mounts on my car, and I have ARH longtubes.

Well mine are kooks, well my tuner installed the kit and the headers laid on the frame and they sat really low. I just didnt feel comfortable with the lowering kit.

stutter

eat me
Established Member
Id like to see that trufiber 53 ram air hood painted and striped on one of our cars. Im seriously thinking about getting it, my only reservation is, if I go 160 or 170mph, will that hood have a negative effect the aerodynamics?

Users who are viewing this thread