hood liner

jream

mods, DAMN peer pressure!
Established Member
anyone taken off the hood liner?

i've always heard that you will get louder blower whine...
but always wondered if its bad for the hood or paint in any way? and what shape is the hood/paint under the liner.

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
anyone taken off the hood liner?

i've always heard that you will get louder blower whine...
but always wondered if its bad for the hood or paint in any way? and what shape is the hood/paint under the liner.

I took the liner off my 2003 Cobra and drove it that way for 10 years. Never had a paint issue at all. My only concern with this car is I've noticed there's LOTS of places Ford didn't paint the Shelby. I would think it would be painted under the liner but I haven't checked. I'm actually surprised to see some of the places where I can see the ugly brown/green instead of the body color on this car.

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
i took it off my car a long time ago. The paint should be just fine. just look at the pain in the strut tower which is pretty much next to the exhaust manifolds. the paint under the hood is not great. towards the center it seems that they dont bother with making the coat of paint even. it still looks very good and clean though. i like it more than with the liner.

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
i took it off my car a long time ago. The paint should be just fine. just look at the pain in the strut tower which is pretty much next to the exhaust manifolds. the paint under the hood is not great. towards the center it seems that they dont bother with making the coat of paint even. it still looks very good and clean though. i like it more than with the liner.

I know the 03/04 guys took it off because rain would come in through the hood vents and eventually leave a water stain on the liner. My 03 was my DD back then but the '13 won't ever see rain so I'm not as worried about it on this one. Will wait and see if just washing the car will start to make the same stain though.

Users who are viewing this thread