Hood is ugly!

hollant

Stuck In First Gear
Established Member
The hood is ugly enough to turn me against the whole car no matter who is stangding in front of it!

gt500convertible.jpg

venams03

Established Member
Amen Brotha.

That's what I've been saying all along since I first saw the yellow mule at a Victor car show. Freakin' Fugly hood. I told the FORD rep the same thing at the show. That hood makes it on the production car, I won't be buying it. PERIOD.

Thought they'd be reading these forums and get the picture but it doesn't seem that's what happened. They keep screwing up like this, raising the price etc... they make it an easier decision for me. Goodbye FORD, hello? Dodge, Chevy (dare I say it!)

Ain't no way I'm paying north of 40K for that F***** up Mustang GT with "SHELBY" letters on it. And it has nothing to do with lack of money in my wallet. It's PRINCIPLE. I'm not paying 40K + cash for a pimped out GT!!!

I hope the threads on the price increase turn out to be false as well 'cause if they aren't.....Later. Ford screwed up big time!!

Hey Dearborn sales execs (SVT division, HTT and whoever else is involved with this project); YA BETTER LISTEN UP!

venams03

Established Member
Forgot to mention:

My bank account will be buying my next car with cash so I'm pointing out that the car price is not relative to how much I can afford but rather what I can justify purchasing at that price; and at 40+ for what I'm seeing.... No freakin' way. I'm just leaving enough hope that someone at FORD comes to their senses.

jshen

Established Member
Bean Counters Vs. SVT

The concept was what I was hoping for and when it started being shown...and we were promised that car was 95% complete...we started hearing "issues". Non availability of a twin screw blower....different rear end gear..different brakes...different hood...Nonsense!

For me to be told that Almighty Ford cannot get enough twin screw blowers for the GT500 is an insult to common sense....There are twin screws in FF racing parts catalogues...and will be when this car debuts..As to the hood...I have to see it up close and personal...and if it's functional...I may be able to accept that...but the blower issue..........

Last edited:

Orange Poison

Established Member
That car looked damn good....I doubt the prod. version will look as good. I loved the rear diffuser, the hood was cool.....ala 03/04 Cobras. I loved the look of the 19 inch rims. 18's look too small. I mean the Saleens come with 20's

R1Lello

Established Member
Blue Poison said:
That car looked damn good....I doubt the prod. version will look as good. I loved the rear diffuser, the hood was cool.....ala 03/04 Cobras. I loved the look of the 19 inch rims. 18's look too small. I mean the Saleens come with 20's

:poke: That's your opinion, 20's to me look stupid on this type of 'retro-musclecar' , I prefer 18's, 19's my max. limit. Some tire meat looks good and you don't get that with the 20's

trance_in_miami

Established Member
:nonono:
R1Lello said:
:poke: That's your opinion, 20's to me look stupid on this type of 'retro-musclecar' , I prefer 18's, 19's my max. limit. Some tire meat looks good and you don't get that with the 20's

I AGREE 18-19 ARE PERFECT. getting 20's would ghetto it out.
gfvbc4.JPG
PATHETIC. i bet thay have 3 15'' subs in there with 5 amps :lol1:

Last edited:

2814v

Established Member
Just say no to 20's, I would be more then happy with 18's on it. All 20's do is make it look like your selling crack out of the car.

I also really dislike the hood and lack of tire space in the rear. So much so that I took the savings that I had for the GT500 and bought a 91 ZR1 CORVETTE, I know its a chevy but it has a way cool DOHC 350 in it. Now if the production car is everything I thought it would be, I might sell the ZR1 and buy one. I just could'nt see waiting around for a car that was more and more starting to turn me off. There is too much fun to be had now.

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
you do know that there is only one supplier of twin screws dont you? whippel and eaton get them from lysholm/autorotor who are part of the op-con group thats based in sweden. they have to supply whipple, eaton, mercury(marine engines), ford(GT/FRP), and numerous other manufacturers. why do you need a twin screw anyways? ford is producing a factory performance car, not a tuner car. they would only be losing money if they put a twin screw in anyways, since it wouldnt offer a performance advantage if they are keeping the #s the same.

Cobraing

Trumpet of Torque
Established Member
Eaton isn't a twin screw btw, It's a roots. Totally different from a twin screw.

And we need a twin screw so we can beat the hell out of that C6 ZO6! :beer: And with what looks like will be the price range of this car Ford will make plenty of money, twin screw or not.

And that hood looks like ass. It's so ugly is makes baby Jesus cry.

Last edited:

Milstang

Established Member
trance_in_miami said:
:nonono:

I AGREE 18-19 ARE PERFECT. getting 20's would ghetto it out.
gfvbc4.JPG
PATHETIC. i bet thay have 3 15'' subs in there with 5 amps :lol1:

MY EYES!! Please no wheels like that! :xpl:

I agree the hood is not inspiring, I will have to see it in person to draw my final conclusion. As to the rest of the car, I don't have any major problems with it so far. However, that could change once the production version is unveiled. I want the leather dash, I know that is not a big thing to some people but if I'm paying 40K+ it better have a dash that is slightly different than the V6.

That and I would still like the Shelby along the back.

;-)

LR 01 Cobra

Founding Member
Established Member
hollant said:
This hood or nothing!

Looks like it's going to be nothing! That's not the production hood! The test mule hood is closer to the production car hood. I don't care for the hood myself.

Tim :cryying:

venams03

Established Member
LR 01 Cobra said:
Looks like it's going to be nothing! That's not the production hood! The test mule hood is closer to the production car hood. I don't care for the hood myself.

Those are Exactly my sentiments...

meaty mac

IDK what I want now
Established Member
Cobraing said:
Eaton isn't a twin screw btw, It's a roots. Totally different from a twin screw.

And we need a twin screw so we can beat the hell out of that C6 ZO6! :beer: And with what looks like will be the price range of this car Ford will make plenty of money, twin screw or not.

the R122 is a twin screw

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
Cobraing said:

WHY IS EVERYONE SO ILL INFORMED?!?!?!?!?! do your research please. an eaton isnt a twin screw. an eaton isnt a roots. an eaton is a product. they sell superchargers. they sell both roots and twinscrew. whipple sells twinscrews too. they both get them from lysholm/autorotor who are part of the opcon group which is based in sweden.
http://www.whipplesuperchargers.com/news.asp?articleID=50
http://www.opconab.com/index.asp?sPage=1&langID=2&cID=14
do your research!!!

and this just in:
http://www.whipplesuperchargers.com/news.asp?articleID=68
and everyone was saying that supply issues were BS, they arent even making the cut for whipples orders.

Users who are viewing this thread