Hood insulator replacement

Shake&Bake

1998 Triple Black Cobra
Established Member
I just ordered one this weekend. Gonzalo - the guy who makes them is really a good guy to deal with. I'll let you know what the quality is like as soon as I get it. Apparently you have to take the hood off for the install. Seems drastic, but we'll see.

wtsn8ke

Established Member
Awesome. Please let me know how much of a PITA it is and post up pics!

cobrarob2345

Established Member
if it is the same guy he makes them out of this bad ass aircraft material. I love these too but instead i went with the finished underhood as well. But the color matched cobras are b/a imo

Murder Snake

SnakeBT
Established Member
the other aspect is that the insulator is also a fire suppresant supposed to melt drop and kill the fire). will the new one do that?

MKSVT

Dosen't Wheel Hop
Established Member
I actually have one i bought from him about 3 years ago. It is way to thick and didn't match up to my factory insulator push pin holes.So now i use it for a mat when i am working on the car.

Shake&Bake

1998 Triple Black Cobra
Established Member
the other aspect is that the insulator is also a fire suppresant supposed to melt drop and kill the fire). will the new one do that?

I believe so.

I actually have one i bought from him about 3 years ago. It is way to thick and didn't match up to my factory insulator push pin holes.So now i use it for a mat when i am working on the car.

Well that's no good! I should be getting it any day now, and I'll post up my impressions of it when I do. As for the install, when I get back from Miami it's next on my list - so about two weeks. :beer:

wtsn8ke

Established Member
I had to notch the hood for '03 motor so I need something to cover it. I hope it's not too thick 'cuz that sure won't work for me. He says that it gives more room than stock though. Maybe he uses thinner material now?

Shake&Bake

1998 Triple Black Cobra
Established Member
Ok the insulator came in today. It's about a .25 inch think, and requires you use 3m spray adhesive to keep flush up against the hood. You still use the factory push pins too. I'll install very soon and post up photos.:beer:

wtsn8ke

Established Member
Awesome. Look forward knowing how the install goes and seeing the pics.

Users who are viewing this thread