Hood Insulator pad

14MustangDriver

Established Member
Does anyone know if ford corrected the issue with the hood insulator pad and heat extractors letting water in i went to start my car last week and when i opened the hood my hood pad was a grey fuzzy mold trap and and i had water on top of my air cleaner box and main fuse block under the hood was also covered in water. the car is parked outside so it sees the wet weather and originally i had an airaid CAI on it and the air cleaner was full of water that dripped on it from the heat extractor so i pulled it out and put the stock box back in for the winter i will add photos of what i am talking about, i thought of plugging the heat extractor holes so water could not get in but once the airaid filter was tipped on end it was holding about 1/2 a cup of water so i need to clean it as it was also getting moldy..

14MustangDriver

Established Member
yeah it's something i need to look into in the spring as it's raining and snowing and more rain on the way so i have put the car on the back burner and lost interest in it and am putting it up for sale but more once it warms up...i could use the money more than the car at the moment

Users who are viewing this thread