Hood insulation

SVTlover

Ur anger is my power
Established Member
Has anyone removed there hood insulation, I have water stains on mine and it kinda looks tacky, would like to remove it but if it has a purpose for being there i guess i can live with it.

RSXFMCJWR

Benchracer Extraordinaire
Established Member
If you take it off, you run the risk of ruining the paint on your hood due to the heat produced by the motor. If I were you, I would get another hood blanket from ford(complain to the service department and try to get a free replacement) then I would cut openings around the hoodvents and seal the edges of the blanket around where the vents are. Then you wouldn't get anymore stains on it.

03SvtSonicCobra

I got the Sonic Blues.
Established Member
Mine also has stains and burn marks or something on it where there are chunks of insulation is missing. It looks really tacky when i am at car shows. There was another 03 Cobra at the same car show and there hood blanket looked flawless??? I don't get it I have no hood mod or anything. Has anyone else had this problem and had there hood blanket replaced under warranty by ford????

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
I've had mine out of my CSVT and my paint is just fine after two years....

Originally posted by RSXFMCJWR
If you take it off, you run the risk of ruining the paint on your hood due to the heat produced by the motor. If I were you, I would get another hood blanket from ford(complain to the service department and try to get a free replacement) then I would cut openings around the hoodvents and seal the edges of the blanket around where the vents are. Then you wouldn't get anymore stains on it.

wals9331

Stupid Kid w/Fast Car
Established Member
The underside of the hood probably isnt painted well anyway...just leave the blanket on or buy a new one.

Users who are viewing this thread