Hood Insulation?

chuckdlightning

Established Member
What's up folks..
I haven't had my truck for very long. The paint is far from flawless. BUT, I was able to clean it up and make it look presentable with the Mcquire's paint cleaner then a nice wax... My hood keeps coming back through with oxidation and chalkiness..(i hate black vehicles) I noticed my hood doesn't have ANY kind of insulation. ??? Do L's come with hood insulation from Ford? I know that "heaton" blower has to put off enough heat to mess up the paint on that hood. Just curious what everyone else has their L.

chuckdlightning

Established Member
and you don't have issues w/ the paint? Maybe i just need to suck it up and get a decent paint job on my truck. The previous owner did not take very good care of the vehicle cosmetically

bgstew6

ResFirma Mitescere Nescit
Established Member
SC Lightnings and Harleys did not come iwth hood insulation....Give the TB a place to hang onto.........not good

Tazman1

fast is not fast enough!!
Established Member
My clear coat started to bubble up. So I said the heck with it and put this on.
IMG_0093.jpg

This is what the old one looked like after a night of hard rain.
hoodofL003.jpg

RDLightning01

Young Svt Poster
Established Member
if you just have oxidation and not a paint bubble. a PC with some pads an polish from scott @ specialtymotoring a vendor on this site, can go a very long way to clean up your paint! Def. worth a try imo before a new paint job

ChrisNelson

* Screw the N.A.B. !! *
Established Member
I think the problem may be that the Meguiars is just masking the problem instead of actually fixing it.

Maybe Stewart can chime in with some of the success he's had with the Britemax product line that I sell, but here is some of his before & after's:

Before:

Left_side_1.jpg

Middle_1.jpg

Right_side_angle_1.jpg

After:

Right_side_angle_4.jpg

This is the reflection of the old Britemax catalog and Stewart's House on his roof:

Reflection_2.jpg

Left_side_3.jpg

These are after just Steps #2 & #3, there are still 2 steps after this that would enhance it even further.

RIDE THE

Shake & Bake
Established Member
PM Chris Nelson or call him at his work http://napatolland.napasite.com/. He sells it.

Stuff is awesome.

I also recommend the Brite Max rubber stuff he sells. It's great on the tires. They shine for a month even after driving through rain and it doesn't fling crap all over the side of your truck.:rockon:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread