Hood Insulation

mswaim

Dark Side Poster
Established Member
Since I trimmed mine back and coated the cut edge with clear silicone I've not had any water spotting or related issues. When I wash the car most of the water that drops through misses anything important, and while driving in the rain air moving through the vents seems to keep water out.

NWUCIT

Established Member
Originally posted by 03cobrablack
I talked to an enginer (spelling) who works at an auto company and while he does not work on mustangs or cobras. He told me the hood blankets are for noise suppression and removeing it will not hurt or effect our paint. I would think that since our hoods are composite and not metal they would not hold heat as long any way. But I could be wrong. And lastly I remember when I first got my car thinking the hood and engine compartment stayed hot long after driving and with the blanket removed and vents open it cools much quicker just my opinion.

I tend to agree with that. The Lightning has no hood blanket and has the same blower so I am sure the heat output under there is as great as on the Cobra. Only difference is that the L hood is aluminum as opposed to composite on the Cobra. This would lend credence to the alum foil being for radio supressance on our cars:shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread