Hood Blanket Removed.....good or bad?

mags

Cobra Ink
Established Member
I really think more hot air will escape, well i know know for a fact it will let more heat out. The vents have a open and closed postion on hood. Did not know that. I also can really hear the supercharger whine even when barley putting my foot into it.

WIECH

Established Member
I have had mine off, for 4 years now. No problems at all, it def helps to remove the heat better. since you now have the hood blanket off,remove the plastic flaps underneath the vents.That will increase heat extraction from your engine bay:beer: SO I vote Good

Derek

Last edited:

M240Bravo

Established Member
Gone

af8993b7.gif

Red Poison

Over it
Established Member
I vote OFF (blanket)

Just did the exact same research on this a couple days ago...

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106530&highlight=hood+insulation

After reading, no problems with paint for the most part... So I took mine off just 3 days ago... Looks 10 times better! Today was the first day I actually got out and ran my cobra enough to see whether it helped having the vents open (MACA Maryland cruise :banana:) Well, i could definitely see plenty of heat escaping throught the vents so I know theres great benefit to having them open.

Only time will tell, but from everyones experience - no major problems.

One thing i recommend is taking the ground cable off the blanket and reattaching it to the car. I saw a car today with the cable still attached to his car but had no blanket. I know Ford put in on for a reason, so I plan to take it off the blanket and reattach it back where it was.

(covers - some cut them - I just velcro them back when I want them open - close them when I wash my car)
Picture001.jpg

Picture002.jpg

Picture007.jpg

Picture009.jpg

Last edited:

skaarew04SVT

Not quite fast enough
Established Member
unfortuneantly ford doesnt paint underneath the blanket very well. mine looks like ass, and plan to paint it one day soon

Blown10thCobra

Established Member
I even re-used the stock push-clip and everything, goes in very nicely. It's got something to do with the battery if I remember right.

T-Pain808

I Love Asian Girls!!!
Established Member
Cut um, thats what I did, but i left on the blanket, and just trim around it.

FAsnakes

الوزن الى القوة
Established Member
Removing the blanket is one of the first things i did with the car.. I also removed it with my 1st cobra..

Juruense

Banned
I took the hood blanket off the day I got the car and cut the flaps off a few months later.

Once the blanket is removed there is absolutely no need for the ground strap.

Last edited:

SVT04

Established Member
I took the hood blanket off the day I got the car and cut the flaps off a few months later.

Once the blanket is removed there is absolutely no need for the ground strap.

Why is that?

Think about it ....:rollseyes the hood blanket has a sort of metallic foil in it. The ground strap makes contact with it.
The hood itself is a fiberglass composite. Grounding a big chunk of plastic is not going to do much is it ? ;-) :lol:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread