Hood blanket removal ?

94SVT Coupe

Ford Fanatic
Established Member
Originally posted by blown03cobra
Just like I said in my other posts,,,, Oh yeh, I have seen MANY car fires in which the blanket smothered the engine compartment thus taking out the fire. Oh yeh, i forgot to mention that Im a Vol. Firefighter :thumbsup:

Really? That's interesting. Everyone else seems to say that's a load of BS and they see cars burn up all the time on the side of the road, hood blanket or not. And in my personal experience, I've seen around 10 cars burn completely to the ground and the hood liners burned right up with the rest of the car. Your experience seems to directly contradict what I've seen. That reminds me, I've got to buy a Halotron FE for the Cobra.

Here's one that will really throw you guys. My 2000 F150 doesn't have a hood blanket. But some do. Doesn't matter the engine size or anythinng else. So got them, some didn't. Figure that one out.

FWIW I took mine off two days after I got it. Liek Mosconiac said, take it off early if you are going to do it, or you're paint will be hurt lookin underneath.

It looks good hanging on the wall :)

Last edited:

2F2F

[2 F]ast [2 F]urious
Established Member
> I was thinking of just removing the whole blanket...What do you think?

Go the conservative route. Postban Hood Insulator Cutouts.

B

blown03cobra

Originally posted by 94SVT Coupe
Really? That's interesting. Everyone else seems to say that's a load of BS and they see cars burn up all the time on the side of the road, hood blanket or not. And in my personal experience, I've seen around 10 cars burn completely to the ground and the hood liners burned right up with the rest of the car.

Thats awsome that you all just went and sifted through the ashes to see if they had operable hoodliners or not.... Not to mention that in order to see a hoodliner "burn up along with the rest of the car" that would mean the hood is UP thus defeating the purpose. You must be an arson investigator...Tell us more of your infinite knowledge PLEASE because we all care so much.

"Your experience seems to directly contradict what I've seen"
WOW!! tell me about the last fire YOU fought?? I will wait around so you can ask "Everyone else who thinks thats a load of BS"

:loser:

94SVT Coupe

Ford Fanatic
Established Member
The hood is usually opened after the fire by the firemen, not me :loser:

I don't need to be an electrical engineer to figure out when the power is out, and I don't need to fight fires to see a car burn. They happen all the time. There was a Dodge Dynasty going up a month back on 275 on my way home. Guess they didn't have a hood liner :rolleyes:

How long does it take for a hood liner to fall from the plugs melting away anyways? Those SOB's are tough and there are alot of them.. Maybe I should go measure the melting temperature of one of the ones I took out, me being the arson investigator I am :)

One last thing. Have you ever seen one actually stop a fire and put it out all by itself?

Last edited:

BBriBro

Established Member
I am surprised how many late model cars catch fire, they seem to be much worse than the older carburated cars that backfire through the carb and shoot a flame into the aircleaner, Must be electrical probs with newer cars, not fuel, since they have so much electrical crap.

Users who are viewing this thread