Hood Blanket Removal Documented (Pics)

HoosierDave

My other car is 03 Cobra
Established Member
Got a little froggy this morning, decided the ODHB (Old Dirty Hood Blanket) had to go.

Blanketon.gif

The first thing I did was pop out all the little plastic fasteners and dropped the blanket. At this point the ground wire is still attached

Blanketlayingonenginegroundwirestillattached.gif

Next I detached the ground wire and set the blanket aside. Under the blanket it was NASTY but it was painted (whew!)

Nastyhoodunderblanketventscoveredstill.gif

The next thing I did was use my dremel tool's cut off wheel to cut the flaps that cover the hood vents, and then I hit the underneath of the hood with windex to clean MOST of the dirt and dust off.

hoodafterwindexandflapremoval.gif

This was an interesting sticker underneath my hood. The number almost looks like a build number. Hmmm...

mustangstickerunderhood.gif

The last thing I did was hit it with some Lucas quick wax spray, to give it a little shine. I did a little more cleaning after this picture was taken, but I'll save the real detailing for when its not 25 degrees out!

Hoodaftershining.gif

va boy

Established Member
Just did that to mine last week, looks much better IMO. Now I gotta go out and cut my flaps off, and it's friggin freezing here too!

mrose75

Established Member
ODHB is right. Did mine earlier this year too. Now I have to paint underneath because Ford saved themselves $0.78 not doing it for me.

Users who are viewing this thread