Honest unbiased opinions needed Iphone vs droidx

Spoolx

Established Member
I have a DROIDX through Verizon.
I have so many complaints with this thing, it lags constantly and I have to constantly remove the battery.

Does anyone have that problem with their iphone?

I am about to throw this in the garbage.

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
I've had 2 Iphones, and really have no complaints.

Like any Smart Phone, or even computer, it will lag at moments.

The I4 is awesome, lots of memory, smooth surfing, little to no lag, fantastic multitasking, and it is VERY user friendly.

My mother has had 2 android phones, and hated them both before she started to mess with my Iphone.

I've got friends that have compared their android phones to my iphone and it was a night and day difference. I don't dislike Androids. Just prefer Iphones.

I like the concept of Android, however, I'm willing to pay a bit more for a better quality phone that won't lag, or lock up when running multiple apps, etc.

I'd get the Iphone 4GS, or and then upgrade to the Iphone 5 if you really wanted to go that route.

Last edited:

16kOrBust

Established Member
I tested both the iPhone4 and Droid X out when I was looking to upgrade earlier this year and went with the iPhone. It seemed to respond better to my touch on the screen and IMO the screen looked better. Surfing is quite fast and smooth compared to other phones I've used but I didn't do too much of it on the Droid, so I can't say for sure how it compares. Bottom line, I've yet to have a complaint about my iPhone. I certainly don't have any issues you've mentioned.

cotchnobra

Established Member
from playing with both the droid is a bit more difficult to navigate vise the Iphone. battery life also goes to the Iphone. And yes the droids do lock up from time to time and you have to just pull the battery. Iphones do have issues on occasion with programs that freeze up and you just hold the home and power till it shuts off then power it back on and the program will unlock. Now if you like being able to mess with program stuff in your phone the Droid would be the one to get. Iphone tends to keep their stuff locked down good so you can't mess with it. apps between the 2 are pretty close to the same so niether really has the advantage there. For most of the average smart phone users the Iphone would be the better option for its simplicity to use.

sixt5

Established Member
i have noticed that the physical phone that offers the andriod system is a lower quality then the iphone.

i am VERY active and work on a farm. I wouldnt have a iphone without an otter box. yes they are big and bulky and ugly but they take a beating. my I4 has been dropped numureous times.

Panic661

Established Member
I have a HTC Inspire, gf has an Iphone 4.

She's had her phone for quite some time, and has had a few issues, I upgraded to this phone about 3 months ago.

I like both, but the only thing that really got me onto the android was simply the price.

I have messed around and rooted this phone and swapped roms ect, and my battery life has improved, however her iphone I think still lasts longer.

I use the phone mainly for texting/phone calls, occasionally I'll use the browser on it. For me, the phone runs smooth and I don't have many complaints.

Overall, I'll probably stick with the android, while she'll end up upgrading to the Iphone 5, when it comes out. It's all preference for the most part. These phones aren't any different then a laptop or a desktop, sometimes they malfunction and everyone has their opinions on them.

Schlangenbisse

Established Member
I have a DROIDX through Verizon.
I have so many complaints with this thing, it lags constantly and I have to constantly remove the battery.

Does anyone have that problem with their iphone?

I am about to throw this in the garbage.

Hell yeah I have the exact same problems. It'll freeze and lock up for no reason, restart itself whenever it wants to (happens multiple times a day), sometimes it'll take 30 seconds or more just open unlock the screen because of lag. The issue is more than likely due to the fact that it's been dropped multiple times and yes of course that is my fault. The insurance was taken off of it so I can't send it in. I am just fed up with it and I need a new phone so I preordered the 4S and I am just toughing it out with this POS till Friday!

txyaloo

Established Member
Root your phone, overclock, install a new rom, be happy.

My Thunderbolt rarely lags, but I'm also rooted and overclocked to 1.4ghz.

iPhones lag too. If you need great battery life, get an iPhone. Android battery life is horrible no matter what phone you have when compared to an iPhone.

Satyr

Established Member
Thomas is the best person to ask for unbiased opinion.
:lol: So true...

iPhones lag too. If you need great battery life, get an iPhone. Android battery life is horrible no matter what phone you have when compared to an iPhone.

Agreed. Rooting a phone, removing all of the shitty bloatware and getting a new rom will help tremendously. Then again, if you're thinking about an upgrade, I would look into some of the new Android phones coming out (HTC Vigor/possibly Galaxy SII).

Guy Fawkes

Established Member
The droid X is a bad example because verizon/motorolla decided it would be awsome to install a shit ton of bloatware onto the phone to advertise useless shit. You have to root the phone to get it all off. Its pretty damn sad. Otherwise its one of the best phones ever.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Thomas is the best person to ask for unbiased opinion.

No shit, that guy is a ****ing tool.

This thread is going to be awesome once the android fanbois get in and start spewing their hardware rhetoric.

Me, I **** with way too much shit in my life as it is, last thing I want to mess with is having to load roms to give me better performance or longer battery life. I want my phone to just work and work the same way it did when I opened the box 2yrs earlier, i want the buttons to still be crisp/firm and the screen to be responsive with no noticeable lag or chop when swiping.

Ido have a question for android users. Is there an itunes app or podcast app on android? Ive gotten really into podcasts lately (namely my favorite The Joe Rogan Experience and the Adam Corolla show) and would like to know if thats available on android or if id have to hook up to a pc and download it from another site. Also do android phones have docking/charging stations with alarm clocks that let you wake to mp3 or pandora or such? Do any car stereo manufacturers make it to where you can control the onboard music without having to hook up just the headphone jack and control music via the phone?

Sent from my iPhail using Tapatalk while doing 90 on the freeway and streetracing through traffic. What now?

Stanley

Established Member
Premium Member
No shit, that guy is a ****ing tool.

This thread is going to be awesome once the android fanbois get in and start spewing their hardware rhetoric.

Me, I **** with way too much shit in my life as it is, last thing I want to mess with is having to load roms to give me better performance or longer battery life. I want my phone to just work and work the same way it did when I opened the box 2yrs earlier, i want the buttons to still be crisp/firm and the screen to be responsive with no noticeable lag or chop when swiping.

Ido have a question for android users. Is there an itunes app or podcast app on android? Ive gotten really into podcasts lately (namely my favorite The Joe Rogan Experience and the Adam Corolla show) and would like to know if thats available on android or if id have to hook up to a pc and download it from another site. Also do android phones have docking/charging stations with alarm clocks that let you wake to mp3 or pandora or such? Do any car stereo manufacturers make it to where you can control the onboard music without having to hook up just the headphone jack and control music via the phone?

Sent from my iPhail using Tapatalk while doing 90 on the freeway and streetracing through traffic. What now?

I got a docking station for my Droid X that turns the phone into a desk clock when you put the phone in it. I use the alarm on the phone now because the wife didn't like being woke up to music, but there are alarm clock apps that will turn on an app for the alarm such as pandora. I did that once and forgot it was on the bagpipe station, the wife didn't like that to much either. haha

Can't answer the other stuff.

BeyondPod Podcast Manager looks like it might be what you are looking for as far as the podcast stuff goes. You can search it here for a better description.

https://market.android.com/?hl=en&pli=1

My Alpine has a usb port, but I haven't ever connected my phone to it. I have a micro sd card pulgged into it. I will connect my phone to it and see how it works. We have a new Explorer and it will use the factory stereo to control the music on my phone.

Last edited:

03_SVT_Freak

Stirring the pot :D
Established Member

whhaaaa???

as for which phone is better, i like the Iphone. i havbe no complaints though i have neve owned a driod.

Last edited:

dsmith26

Established Member
I have nothing against droid phones, but I have an iphone. I will never have anything other than an iPhone. I had a 3GS which I would have kept forever but the headphone jack went out. The cost of repair was the cost of 4 so now I have the 4 (upgrade eligible). I'll use it till it craps and get whatever iPhone is out at the time.

Good Luck OP. This conversation ranks up there w/politics and abortions, you don't talk about it w/your friends!! lol

Users who are viewing this thread