Honest Opinion Needed

TwoValveKid

Uh oh.....
Established Member
First and foremost...any flames on this by any vette guy are completely uneccesary im not knocking vette owners at all...i know a lot of you guys on here are really cool....so...

there is a guy around here who just got a 2003 C5 automatic and it talking so much shit it isnt even funny. He is saying that no one can even touch him and told me that my stang couldnt even hang. That he would put about 4 or 5 cars on me by the end of the 1/4. So in a few hours were goin out with a group of us...and unannouced to him...were gonna all go out like we normally do and do some runs and then were gonna challenge him and tell him he couldnt pull 5 cars on me. THe little area we run on is a very flat very straight road that we marked off a 1/4 on. with the closest civilization about 10 miles away...so...its halfway sane. Just curious if i am being say telling him he wont wax me. My car ran 13.3x's @ 108 all day long last weekend. BUt it was a horrible weekend and bad track cond. got a bud with a KB cobra that normally runs VERY low 11s and could barely break the 11s...so i think on a decent day i could easily run high 12s....there were a lot of C5 5speeds out there runnin 13.0s all day long in bone stock trim...just curious what you guys think....any help will be appreciated...thanks:beer:

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
If you can pull off a 13.3, you will probably beat him...

Bone stock auto C5 talking $hit...:lol1: :lol1: :lol1:

vacobra

Established Member
I hope you crush him, but if you just hang beside him or stay within a car length, you still win.......................let us know how it turns out.

TwoValveKid

Uh oh.....
Established Member
no prob...im not sure what to expect...but if i keep next to him...even if my nose is at his rear wheel...i dont care...ill be happy :D

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
Because the guy was talking shit about how he will be putting like 5 cars lengths on him. So what I think he means is, if he stays with him he will basically prove the guy wrong and shut him up, therefor making it a win.

hj16

Established Member
Originally posted by TwoValveKid
ide slap some DR's on it...but ide be afraid ide pop the rear end with the 4.10s and the grip
Dont worry, the GTs stock rear-end can take a beating before giving up on you. DRs shouldnt be a problem.

You definately have a 12 second GT there, I just think your 60' is probably killing your times.

TwoValveKid

Uh oh.....
Established Member
Originally posted by WireEater
Because the guy was talking shit about how he will be putting like 5 cars lengths on him. So what I think he means is, if he stays with him he will basically prove the guy wrong and shut him up, therefor making it a win.

my point exactly. you cant go around, specially in our little group, talking shit to everyone about how your gonna annilate them...i really would liked to see the guys face when i look over at him and im right there next to him:beer:

TwoValveKid

Uh oh.....
Established Member
Originally posted by hj16
Dont worry, the GTs stock rear-end can take a beating before giving up on you. DRs shouldnt be a problem.

You definately have a 12 second GT there, I just think your 60' is probably killing your times.

ya sure? i got a buddy with a 96? cobra who blew his rear end. he had some gears and some Dr's. and ive got 410s and drag springs (which grip like a bitch i must say) and then adding the DR wont be too much ya think?

joegt38

Established Member
I know a guy that runs his auto c5 all the time and can only hit 13.5, he gets eaten by my friends ss. You should be able to take him with a 13.3@108.

ScaryGT

Established Member
TwoValvekid,

Everything you say cracks me up :D

Here I'll do it for you :burn: "at least I'm not going to melt my block" :D :D :D

TwoValveKid

Uh oh.....
Established Member
im gettin more comfy with slapping some DRs on...a friend of mine who ive been talking to on a local board and not even paying attention to what he has done has a Pro-5.0 shifter, 4.30s, Steeda UDs, VRS offroad x-pipe, Densecharger, JMS/Ed Clark tune and stuck some DR's on his '00 and popped off a 12.88@104 on the same track i was at. There is a lot of room for improvement i think :D specially since that 13.3 was my first time out on the 5 speed :D:burnout: :burnout:

Users who are viewing this thread